Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two Week Check-Up


Today we went for Georgia Claire's first doctor's appointment. Shelby was able to take a long lunch and go with us. We were very impressed with the doctor and the nurses. Georgia now weighs 7 lbs 6 oz (has gained 8 oz since birth) and is 20 1/2 inches long (has grown 3/4 of an inch). We knew that babies normally lost weight the first week but the doctor told us they want babies to gain back to their birth weight at this first 2 week visit. Georgia Claire went above and beyond that and we are so thankful! (We knew she had gained more because of the "weighing in" we did at the farm in the peach lid!) When the nurse first saw Georgia she said, "Oh, you look like your daddy!" to which I responded..."That's funny you say that--several people have said that...she is adopted!" She then said, "MY daughter is adopted! Wait just a second let me go get a picture of her with her daddy...she looks JUST like him!" And sure enough, when she returned with the picture, her 4-year old daughter was a look-alike of her adopted daddy! While we were visiting with the nurse I mentioned that my sister Kathy & her kids are the reason we were there, that she just raved about their office staff. Her face lit up and she said, "You're Kathy's sister? Oh, I've been praying for you!" We thanked her and we were excited to make the connection. Not even a minute later went by and another nurse came in, introduced herself, and told us, "I've been praying for you, too! Oh my goodness, I'm going to cry...look at that precious baby that we have all been praying for!" She left the room and Shelby and I both teared up. Another person, who we had not met, has been praying for Georgia Claire and our journey to her. Thank you Lord for supportive friends, family, and new friends we've yet to meet who have added us to their prayer list. We are humbled by the support.

After the doctor came in the room and examined her she said, "Well, she's perfect!" Ahhh...just what we were waiting to hear!

The nurse had to administer the 2nd PKU test...she pricked her little heel and had to get some blood...Georgia did not like this at all, and neither did her daddy...I wish I had gotten a picture of Shelby! The first picture makes me sad, but she was perfectly fine just a few short minutes later. Shelby, on the other hand, took a little longer! I think I will be going to the doctor by myself when she gets her shots.



Afterwards, Shelby and I were hungry (and so was Georgia Claire) so we pulled into Chick-fil-A...this picture shows one content baby girl after her bottle! Gotta love that face!

2 comments:

  1. OK Sweetie - I check for updates every day - do I need to send you a baby sling so you can wear that sweet baby while your posting her pictures on the computer?????? She is just so beautiful! Julia & I have both thought that she looked like Shelby - isn't that just another wonderful blessing.

    You guys are so amazing.

    Can't wait to see you...and meet your precious Caroline - Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Stacy, but I have a sling! I know I went for a couple of days without posting...got in trouble with a few people! =) She's really changing it seems. I will try to post at least one of her pictures daily. You will fall head-over-heals for sweet Caroline...she is precious and hilarious! Mary Katherine is coming over tomorrow to make cookies and "help" with Baby Georgia so I'm sure I will get some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete