Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, July 19, 2009

One small gift brings lots of joy


Shelby did some work around the house today...made a folding table for me in the laundry room and re-caulked are bathtub. I am one happy girl! While he was doing that I cleaned some and went through some papers and ran across the fortune in the picture above. We ate at Pei Wei the weekend before Georgia was born and this was the fortune I got in my fortune cookie. I kept it because I thought about how this small baby was going to indeed bring much joy to the WHOLE family! I didn't realize how MUCH joy she would bring! Not only is Georgia bringing joy to Shelby and me, but she is bringing joy to our entire family, including our friends and church family! This morning I went through the senior adult department with Georgia before Sunday School started...a group of about 15-20 widows started oohing and aahing before we even stepped into the room! They were all so excited to see her. One lady told me that she went to grade school with a girl named Georgia and another told me that her mother's name was Georgia. They all seemed to really like her "old" name. I couldn't help but think...this small baby (one small gift) is actually one LARGE gift, such a sacrifice for her birthmother to place her for adoption! This one little baby is bringing smiles to so many faces! Thank you doesn't seem adequate, but...once again, thank you to her birthmother and to our Heavenly Father for bringing our two families together!

Here she is in her Sunday morning outfit...yes, she's a bow head in this picture!
And here she is after a bottle with Shelby after church tonight...very content! She did SO well in church tonight! She woke up about half way through the service, drank some milk, and stayed quiet until it was over! Yay!
My sister Kathy wrote on my chalkboard in the kitchen...last week Mary Katherine added the picture at the bottom! I thought it was pretty good for a 4 year old! (That's "Baby Georgia Claire" on green grass with blue flowers for those of you who can't tell!)
JOY indeed...to the WHOLE FAMILY!


No comments:

Post a Comment