Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, July 31, 2009

Georgia's Room

The other day Georgia and I were sitting in the glider together and I started looking around the room. Her WHOLE room is filled with items that friends and family have either made for her or have given us. She is LOVED by so many!

I finally got the "icing on the cake" for Georgia's room and I HAD to post pictures of it now that it's done! Katriana, a very talented friend of mine, painted an old window for us to hang above Georgia Claire's bed. She took swatches of the fabrics we used and copied it onto the window! It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thank you, Katriana!
This picture shows it above her bed...PERFECT!
I bought Georgia's bed from my cousin Matt. His son used it just a few times. I actually bought it a few years ago, thinking we would need it then...my mom used it at her house for awhile, my friend Amanda used it for awhile...now, finally it's our turn!!! Shelby & Dad painted it off-white using Dad's good sprayer that he uses to spray tractor parts...I can't believe he let us use it! Who am I kidding?! He'd do anything for this baby girl or ANY of his grandkids! All of Georgia's bedding, the pillows for the daybed, and the curtains were made by my very talented mother-in-law, Paula. The bumper pad has a soft melon-colored fabric on the inside and the paisley print that I LOVE on the outside, with a turquoise nubby fabric for the ties and cording. The crib skirt is a plaid with the nubby turquoise for a trim on the bottom with tiny pink ball fringe...she is SO GOOD! The "taggy" blanket on the side of the bed is made by my friend Ginger and has Georgia's name embroidered on it...I JUST LOVE IT!
Here is the embroidered picture that my friend Kathleen made for us...it says, "For This Child We Prayed". The bottom is a poem that my friend Angie had matted and framed for us...it's called "Baby" by George McDonald and it brings tears to my eyes every time I read it!
Shelby bought the bird cage at a cool place in Ardmore when he was there for work called "The Cloverleaf"...it is a funky store with lots of cool jewelry, decorations, clothes, and shoes that you will not find anywhere else! If you are ever there, and you like that kind of thing, STOP! It's FABULOUS and it's really handy...right off the interstate! The changing table was Andy's & Kathy's...I just updated it by painting the baskets, the bottom drawer, and adding glass handles to make it fit with the decor in Georgia's room. The small table beside the changing table is one that Shelby's grandparents gave us.
Here is a closer picture of the bird cage...the initials were made by my sister Kathy. I also clothespinned cards and notes that we received for Georgia, as well as her hat and hospital bracelet from her birth.
The pottery was all either garage sale finds or given to us by Shelby's parents or my sister Angie. The small blue cabinet was also given to us by Shelby's parents. The picture frames were made by Kathy, too!
The turquoise chest was given to us by my sister Angie...she no longer wanted it. I bought pink glass knobs to make it a little more "girly". This was the inspiration piece for the room...I wanted turquoise in the room!
This little chair was Shelby's when he was a little boy, but I just painted it. His Grandma bought it for him in an antique store...he used to sit in it! The plate is a state of Georgia plate...Kathy got that for us!
The large picture in the middle is a scene of flowers and birds that my sister Angie made. They are all made from scrapbook paper...all circles or parts of circles...it's so pretty! The 3 bird prints were made by Kathy's kiddos for Shelby on his birthday. He LOVES birds and we were excited to get to use them in her room! The ABC's book is from Shelby's sister, Heather. The small turquoise bird is from Shelby's parents' collection.
And, here is a picture of the daybed (given to us by my parents) in the room...pillows made by Paula and numbered bird cards were given to us by Kathy.
Georgia Claire's room would not fit in with the rest of our house if it was filled with brand-new things! She's going to have to like antiques! =) After all, I DID see her name in the "antique charm" section of the baby book! Thank you to all of you who contributed to making her room so sweet! I think she is going to LOVE it when she is old enough to enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. i had been hoping to see some pics of her room- i figured it would be super cute!
    i love that georgia plate! and all the birds!

    ReplyDelete