Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, July 17, 2009

On June 17, 2009, this is the precious angel that entered our lives...so alert, so sweet, so tiny!
Today, July 17, 2009, this is the angel that has changed our lives forever. Georgia Claire we love you! Look at those fat cheeks! Of course she smiles when I DON'T have the camera! And then when I DO have the camera she either looks worried, scared, or just relaxed with not much of any expression...this was the closest I could get to a smile! I told Shelby tonight that maybe I just need to carry the camera in a fanny pack all day so I could be ready at a moment's notice! Really, I wouldn't do that...I don't think...no I would DEFINITELY NOT do that! I'm just saying it would be nice to have it handy when she DOES give us one of those ADORABLE gummy smiles!
When she was born she weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 3/4 in long. Today, one month later, she is 9 lbs 2 oz and 21 in long! As you can tell, she's not missing any meals! Wednesday night Mom & Dad came by to hold her for a few minutes and Dad said he thought she weighed about 9 lbs...I was thinking more like 8 1/2...Dad was close! The doctor today said she was "very pleased" with Georgia's progress. She is a WONDERFUL baby, on a great schedule, and so easy going. We are blessed, we know!

We're enjoying hanging out with her...here she is with Shelby...

And here she is (totally relaxed) with me...
Shelby and I were talking about how much our life has changed in one month...we wouldn't change anything. We are enjoying more time at home, more home-cooked meals, and just simply being Georgia's parents. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."James 1 :17 Thank you, Lord for this perfect gift that you have given us!



No comments:

Post a Comment