Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Four weeks ago today...

I was reading in my Bible today and read through chapter 11 of Hebrews. I've heard pastors call it the "Hall of Faith" chapter in the Bible...I absolutely love this chapter because 15 different times it says the words "By faith..." and then talks about one of God's faithful servants, like Abraham & Sarah, Noah, Abel, Enoch, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, & Moses. It's a chapter that I would read over and over the last 5+ years that Shelby and I were trying to have a baby. It gave me tremendous hope for our future and our family. I realized the other day that we tried to have a biological child for about 5 1/2 years and it only took about 5 1/2 months from the first phone call to the birth of Georgia Claire. WOW!

At the end of Hebrews 11 it says, "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." My notes in my Bible say, "Not all the heroes of faith experienced immediate triumph over their circumstances, but all were blessed by God." I don't think Shelby & I are heroes by any means, but I DO know that we never lost our faith through all of our trials, tribulations, and struggles. We didn't experience immediate triumph with the first attempt at fertility treatments or even the fifth, but we have been BLESSED BY GOD with the adoption of Georgia Claire! God had planned something better for us...just look at that precious face! Thank you, Lord!



2 comments:

  1. Becky - she just gets more beautiful every day. I understand your faith ~ from a different angle; and I held on too.

    I spent the weekend with mom & dad. Dad came in Sunday morning and gave me a kiss while I was drinking my coffee ~ and whispered...have you seen the new pictures of our girl on the net this morning? Everytime someone sees something new, they yell for everyone in the house to come and see. Thank you so much for blessing us this way.


    Dreaming of you, praying for you, and praising God for you and Shelby.

    Can't wait to see you - I'm off to read Hebrews... Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy,

    Thank you! Your relationship with your dad reminds me of mine with my dad. I am SO glad your whole family is enjoying the blog. I'm really doing it for you guys, as well as a scrapbook of sorts for miss Georgia Claire! We go to the doctor tomorrow for her 4 week check-up. I can't wait to see how much she weighs! She's starting to get chunky thighs, fat cheeks, and a double chin...just more to love!

    I think about all of you and pray for all of you every day! Love you.

    ReplyDelete