Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, July 2, 2009

My big helper!

Today Mary Katherine (aka "Little Momma") came over to be my helper. Kathy went to Canton today and Andy had his last day of summer school (life of a principal) so I got Mary Katherine for the morning. She loves helping and she was so excited to come by herself, to help me with "Baby Georgia" as she calls her. As you can see from the pictures below, we were very busy during the 4 hours she was here!

1. Playing with Baby Georgia...it was perfect timing for Mary Katherine to come over today when she did. Georgia Claire woke up and had a bottle right before MK arrived, so she was bright-eyed when she got here. These first two pictures bring tears to my eyes...Mary Katherine is in love already, and I think Georgia just might be, too! After playing for about 30 minutes it was time for Georgia to take a nap and Mary Katherine and I got to work (per her request)!




2. Doing Laundry for Baby Georgia...Mary Katherine was SO helpful and SO excited to help me with laundry! Wow! We cut tags off several dresses and outfits that I had not washed yet and washed them. After the clothes were dried I was folding some and she said, "I'm a good folder. Can I help you?" Well of course you can little momma...I decided I want her to come once a week. I get more done when she's here than when I'm by myself!




3. Asking Questions about Baby Georgia...Mary Katherine found the spot on Georgia Claire's heel where the nurse pricked her for the PKU screening. She was very worried about it and asked all kinds of questions--such a sweet girl!



4. Making Lemonade Cookies...I realized after I took these photos that Mary Katherine is wearing an apron that Ruby Adcock made for me when Shelby & I got married in 1999. Ruby was my family's next door neighbor from the time I was 18 months old until my parents built their new home in 2001. She was like a grandmother to us and every summer her granddaughters Suzanne and Julie would come for a week or so to visit and we would always make this recipe of lemonade cookies. At the age of 4 MK can crack an egg better than most of us...look at that concentration!

Licking the spatula...it was spotless when she finished! In fact, I told her to just go ahead and put it back in the drawer because she had gotten it so clean! =) Right after this picture was taken she put her arms around me and gave me a big kiss and said, "BB, you're the best aunt in the whole world!" Sorry Amanda, Molly, and Angie! Ha!

Our dessert for lunch...LEMONADE COOKIES! She said, "Every time I come to your house we HAVE to make these cookies!"


5. Feeding Baby Georgia...Mary Katherine was SO interested in the sounds she was making and how fast she was drinking. She kept saying, "That Baby Georgia sure is thirsty!" At this feeding she ate 3 ounces and was still hungry. I made two more ounces, thinking she might drink one, and she drank both! 5 ounces is the most she has ever eaten...quite the little appetite for such a petite little gal!


As you can tell, Georgia Claire was worn out by the time Mary Katherine went home. What a fun morning! I hope it's the first of many more to come! We love you, Mary Katherine!



No comments:

Post a Comment