Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, August 9, 2010

We're going to need a bigger bed!

Two baby girls...have I mentioned that we are IN LOVE?! Two baby girls means two of everything...two boxes of diapers, two baby beds, two car seats, and the list goes on and on! Yesterday our sweet nephew Luke turned SEVEN...I can't believe it. Kathy & Andy threw him a surprise party after church and the look on his face brought tears to my eyes. He had been so sad all day because he thought he wasn't going to have a party. He was precious...thanking everyone, hugging us all, just so happy to see everyone together to celebrate HIM. We only stayed about an hour...it was our first outing as a family of four. Shelby put Georgia in her car seat first. THEN, he brought Ivy around and put her in and Georgia just looked and smiled and looked at us and smiled. It was so cute! I'm reminiscing of the days in the back seat with my sisters...we had lots of fun together...I'm hoping our girls will, too!

Two car seats...
Last night at Luke's party Caroline, my three-year-old niece, asked me how big Ivy Jane was. I told her, "She weighs 7 lbs 15 oz." She then reported to Paw Paw, "Ivy Jane weighs 7 lbs ummmm...16 POUNCES!" It was SO cute! =)

Two baby beds...
Here is Ivy Jane asleep in her bed for a nap...all 7 lbs 16 pounces of her...
And here is precious Georgia Claire, also asleep in her bed for nap...
I'm going to work really hard to keep them on a good sleeping schedule. Ivy has been sleeping in the bassinet beside our bed and this morning she woke up about 6:00 but it wasn't time for her to eat yet, so I put her in bed beside me. Georgia also woke up at 6:00 (WAY earlier than usual) so Shelby got up and tried to rock her and put her back in bed. When he tried to lay her back in bed she started crying so he brought her to bed with him. I woke up at 8:oo because Ivy was stirring and saw Georgia asleep with her head on Shelby. I had to get up and go to the bathroom and that woke everyone up. When I came back to the bed, I told Shelby, "We're going to need a bigger bed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment