Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Settling In

I said something about "the girls" this morning and Shelby said, "I like the way that sounds...the girls." We are now hopefully finished with hospital stays and blood work and settling in with our two baby girls. Ivy Jane had her bilirubin level checked this morning and it had decreased to 12.1! YEA! The doctor thought it might rebound and actually be a little higher, but once again, God protected her little body!

I look at Ivy Jane and at times I can't control the crying. Last night Georgia Claire had already gone to bed and Ivy Jane was awake. Shelby was enjoying some cuddle time with her and I sat there and just cried. He asked me (in a joking, but loving voice), "Are you going to be a blubbering idiot for the next few weeks?" To which I replied in a teary voice, "YES! I can't help it! I love our little girls!" God has answered our prayers and I am just so thankful! I know I am blessed and I am not taking a second of this time for granted. I know they will grow and in no time we will be out of the baby phase. I can't believe it has already been a week ago that Ivy Jane was born! Where did the week go?!

As you can see Ivy Jane is settling in quite nicely...
If Georgia Claire could say it I think she might tell me she missed me. I sure did miss her. The two nights away from her in the last week are the only two nights I've ever spent away from her. I'm ready for some more times like this...(please excuse the way I look-I got MAYBE two hours of sleep in the hospital the night before!)
I teach GA's (Girls in Action) at my church on Wednesday nights and the other teachers planned a surprise baby shower for me for this past Wednesday...needless to say I didn't make it! My sweet friend and fellow teacher Stephanie brought the gifts by after church last night and Georgia Claire enjoyed opening them with me. She still LOVES to sort things...she pulled all of the tissue paper out of the bags and enjoyed sorting them into piles by throwing the paper over her head. HILARIOUS!
Today was the first day we that was somewhat back to "normal". After Ivy Jane's test we came home about lunch time and Shelby went back to work. He was READY to go back to work and I was READY for him to go back to work. I love my husband but he's not cut out to stay home...and he will be the first to tell you that! We talked about how cool it was that God gave him the desire to work and provide for his family and me the desire to stay home ad take care of our girls and the house. I love this new life that God has blessed us with and I think we are settling in just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment