Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Georgia's Tricks and Being Sick

We took Georgia Claire to the doctor on Thursday and she has a virus...and is cutting jaw teeth...recipe for a cranky baby! Bless her heart-I wish I could take her pain away! She woke up this morning with a fever of only 99.1 so hopefully she is on the mend! I sure hope so...she has not been her normal self, poor baby.

Even though she's sick and not feeling well she is still smiling for the camera and doing some tricks! My mom used to tell me that she could tell when we weren't feeling well in our eyes. I always thought, "What? How can you tell?" But you moms (and probably dads and probably everyone else!) know exactly what she means. You can tell in some of the pictures that Georgia's eyes just don't look right these last few days. We didn't go to church this morning because she was still running fever and Shelby is on his way to Kansas. SO, we're having a lazy Sunday morning at home...just us girls!

While I washed some bottles this morning I let Georgia play in the tupperware & plastic bowls. She has started matching the lids with the bowls. When she was finished this morning she had 4 bowls with 4 matching lids! Smart girl...
Richard Scarry's Best First Book Ever! She LOVES it, as you can tell...
She has this play mat (actually it was a gift for Ivy, but Georgia's enjoying it right now) that has a teddy bear puppet on it. She gave it about 20 kisses this morning. I kept it on my hand and every time she saw it she would come over and kiss it...SO CUTE!

She's doing really well with her fine motor skills. She has started stacking the Duplo blocks...she will work and work to get them snapped correctly!
My sister Kathy had some hand-me-downs from Caroline and so Georgia helped me sort the clothes and then I pushed her around in the tub...she thought that was just the greatest thing ever!

Another new trick is climbing...she climbed up on the ottoman and then onto the chair before I even knew what happened. She did it 4 or 5 times before she got too tired...SO proud of herself!Looking at her daddy like, "Uh...am I going to get in trouble for this?"
"NO! I'm not going to get in trouble for this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment