Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, June 26, 2009

A week ago today!


One week ago today we were humbled that Georgia's birth mother signed the relinquishment papers and allowed us to parent her newborn. That morning we got up early and were not in good shape. We knew it was probably the most important day of our lives, to date, and we were nervous. We also knew that Georgia's birth mother had been emotional the night before and probably was that morning as well. We cried A LOT that morning in the hotel room and we prayed over the precious baby girl that we had strapped in the carseat. Was this going to be the last car ride we would take with her or the first of many? The verses I clung to as we were driving to meet to sign papers that morning were "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

We cannot imagine the emotion Georgia's birth mother felt that day or has felt since. We love her for the selfless, courageous sacrifice she made and for who she is...she gave life to little Georgia Claire! I am SO very thankful that there are precious birth mothers out there that DO decide to place their babies for adoption...without her selfless decision, we might not be able to have a family! We love you!

We are one week into our new life and we could not be happier. Thank you Lord for giving us this perfect and precious life!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot tell you enough how very very happy I am for you Becky! I haven't called because I don't want to wake you and Georgia Claire! I know how precious sleep is :-) I cannot wait to meet your sweet angel and if there is anything at all I can do just give me a call!

    ReplyDelete