Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our night in the hotel...a week ago today.


A week ago today, little Georgia Claire and her birth mother were discharged from the hospital. But because it had only been a little over 24 hours since her birth, we went to a hotel room for the night with Georgia. In the state of Texas a birth mother has 48 hours before she can sign relinquishment papers. We knew that going in, but didn't realize how incredibly hard it would be to wait. We fell in love with Georgia Claire that night in the room...it's a night we will never forget. We bonded and became a family that night. However, we couldn't help but wonder if we were just babysitting for the night. After all, it was still possible that Georgia's birth mother could change her mind and decide to parent herself, and our caseworker continued to encourage us to guard our hearts as much as possible. I didn't sleep much that night...instead I prayed A LOT.

1 comment:

  1. Becky - I'm not sure I would have made it through these last few days with out your posts and pictures.

    That night was one of the hardest of my life. Just letting you leave the hospital with her was so heart breaking. I didn't sleep that night either...but got up on the hour to pray for all of us. Up until then, I had begged God for Julia to change her mind. But we had fallen in love with you and Shelby, and that night I just prayed that God would give me peace.

    He did, when I found myself giving thanks and praise for this miracle. Isn't she just wonderful?

    Living the other half of your blessed life - And just as amazed as you are -
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete