Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy FIRST Father's Day, Shelby!


My wonderful husband is a natural at this whole fatherhood thing. He can swaddle Georgia Claire (or make her into a baby burrito, as I like to call it) better than anyone! I am so blessed to have been married to him for 10 years and to have gone on this long journey with him. Over five years ago we decided we wanted to start a family and never dreamed his first Father's Day would be celebrated in 2009! BUT, looking back, we know we are closer to each other and our Heavenly Father because of the struggles we have been through. Georgia Claire was worth every bit of heartache that we went through!

2 comments:

  1. i thought the same thing yesterday 'today is shelby's first father's day!'- so exciting!

    man, the whole story is amazing, isn't it? i mean, truly a picture of god's plan. this whole time he had your daughter chosen... just beautiful. i am so thrilled for you guys!

    and just a sidenote: leave it to a teenager to birth smoothly in 3 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome to see Shelby in Father-mode this weekend. He truly dives right in! He's gonna be a great Daddy.

    I'm so thankful for the journey you guys have been through together. I loved seeing you both at peace with baby Georgia finally in your home. You two are natural parents, as I always knew but it was incredible to see your family complete. I'm so happy for you guys! And me too! Cause she's PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete