Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's a GIRL!

We had our 24 week sonogram this past Monday and found out that Georgia is going to have a little SISTER! We are VERY excited! I would have been happy with a boy or a girl honestly. We were just praying for a healthy baby, and SHE IS! The doctor said that she and I both look very healthy! Thank you, Lord! I'm such a worrier at times and given my history I was very anxious about this sonogram because I wanted to hear the doctor say that everything looked good...and she did...WHEW! I can't believe it but I have now reached the point in my pregnancy where I will be going to the doctor every two weeks...wow! We've GOT to get busy on the nursery! =)

The fact that this baby IS a girl makes me think that Georgia and her will be best of friends, since they will be only 14 months apart! I can just see them when they get a little older playing house and barbies together...AND of course going to the farm together to fish with Daddy or to ride the mule or tractor with Paw Paw! Also, given the fact that we were SHOWERED with love and generosity with Georgia's arrival, we have SO much girl stuff it's not even funny! Georgia hardly even wore some of the clothes we have, so I will be VERY happy to pull those tubs out of storage, wash the tiny clothes, and put them away for Baby #2!

So, we found out on Monday and Tuesday, Mom, Kathy, Georgia & I went shopping for fabric for the nursery bedding and window treatments. Paula, my super-duper talented mother-in-law, is going to do the sewing for me again this time and I am SO EXCITED! Here's what we found...
I fell in LOVE with this floral...linen-looking, vintage..LOVE IT! It will be curtains and the outside of the bumper pad...
The plaid will be the crib skirt and maybe a pillow or two in the room...
The pink will be the inside of the bumper pad and the blue polka dot will be the cording and ties on the bumper pad as well as trim on the bottom of the crib skirt! I can't wait to see it all pulled together!
AND, I had to throw in this picture of Georgia! This was taken last Saturday...I was cleaning the bathroom and she was "helping" me with the paper towels! I didn't mind the little mess she made...she was so happy for about 15 minutes while I cleaned...whatever works!





1 comment:

  1. YAHOO!!! A baby sister! Oh Becky- I'm so excited for you guys! That fabric is beautiful. I can't wait to see what you pull together!

    That pic of Georgia is HI-larious!

    ReplyDelete