Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Eleven Years

On May 29, 1999, I became Mrs. Becky Braman. I will never forget that day...such a pretty ceremony, even though it only lasted about 15 minutes! We pulled away from the church, got about 1/2 a mile away and I burst into tears and said, "I miss my family!" Shelby and I laugh about it now...I think at the time he was thinking, "What have I done?!" I was fine after a few minutes. The ceremony and reception were such a whirlwind that I really didn't get to visit with everyone like I had hoped. We drove to Dallas the first night and then spent a week in Cloudcroft, NM. It was a great trip!

Shelby & I have had quite a ride the last 11 years, but I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything. We've moved 6 times, bought 2 beagles, given away 2 beagles, I got my teaching certification and taught public school for 8 years, Shelby graduated with a Masters in Biology, gone into debt, gotten out of debt, purchased two homes, Shelby became an ordained deacon of our church, said goodbye to our two remaining grandfathers, adopted Georgia Claire and are pregnant with our second daughter! WOW! Growing up all I ever wanted was to be a mom and a wife...I had a great example in my mom and wanted to be just like her. Now, thanks to Shelby and his great work ethic and overwhelming desire to provide for his family, I'm now staying home, enjoying our daughter and preparing our home for the birth of our second daughter! I love you, Shelby!

Since we were going to be in the car most of the day yesterday for our anniversary, Mom, Dad, & Kathy told us to at least go eat breakfast by ourselves and they would watch Georgia. We were only gone about an hour but it was nice to enjoy our breakfast together, just the two of us. In Fredericksburg, there is a bakery called "Rather Sweet". The owner is Rebecca Rather, cousin of Dan Rather, and pastry extraordinaire! They have scones and muffins and other yummy goodies, but their cinnamon rolls are something that Shelby and I MUST have every time we go down there! They are HUGE and I dare not think about how many calories are in them, but instead enjoy every single bite...YES, I eat the WHOLE THING!

Family pics...

Looking forward to the next 11 years and many more with Shelby, Georgia Claire, and her little sister! Thank you, Lord, for the many blessings in my life from cinnamon rolls to loving husbands to precious baby girls!

1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary guys!
    i remember how we couldn't attend each others weddings because we got married so close together. : (
    and btw- do i get ANY credit for getting you two together??? come on!

    ReplyDelete