Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Church Party


Shelby came home on Friday and Georgia & I have thoroughly enjoyed our weekend with him...and look forward to a whole week with him! Yippee! No work travel plans for him this week. On Saturday we worked outside all morning...Shelby mowed, trimmed trees & bushes, and took the dog pen down. Georgia and I planted flowers and plants, swept, and watered plants. She was FILTHY by the time we went in at noon, and probably had eaten a bug or two and some dirt...I'm sure it won't be the last time! I didn't think about taking a picture of her until AFTER her bath...DARN!

Georgia is finally feeling better and her ears have cleared up. The last two nights she has slept through the night...we're hoping she has gotten back on her schedule. She has been sleeping all night since about 6 weeks old so to start waking up in the middle of the night at 11+ months old has been a shock to all of us! I know, I know...I should count my blessings, and believe me, I KNOW that I am blessed to have a baby that likes to sleep! Of course, last week while Shelby was out of town she woke up each night. Friday evening he told me that he would get up with her when she woke up and...you guessed it...she slept until 7:30 Saturday morning and I WAS WIDE AWAKE AT 6:00! Go figure!

Saturday evening we had a church get together at my mom & dad's house...61 people total (27 kids and 34 adults). Our two young couples classes got together and enjoyed their beautiful backyard, a cookout, and homemade ice cream and desserts. It was a great evening and Georgia was exhausted by the time we got in the car to go home. She was asleep before we got out of their neighborhood!

Here are some pictures from our evening. Happy girl saying hi to Momma...
Talking with Daddy...
Hanging out with Paw Paw and sweet cousins Mary Katherine & Caroline...
Joel getting some good cuddle time...Joel is one of our Sunday School teachers, as well as a very good friend of our family's. He's an Aggie, works with our family each Christmas Tree season, and is one of the "tractor buddies" that we look forward to seeing each Tuesday night. We love Joel like family, and you can tell that Georgia feels the same!
Georgia and some of the girls playing...
I am so thankful for my church friends and family! Georgia is growing up with an extended family of believers that love her, and our entire family.

5 comments:

  1. So jealous of Joel right now! Looks like some good lovin'.

    Lydia ate sand (handfulls) at the beach when she was one and two....went right through her! It's very tough to get sand off a fat hiney.

    That quilt is beautiful - is it yours?

    Can't wait to see you this Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun evening! All those people!

    I love that quilt- such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of my dad! He's going to be such a good grandpa someday!!! Love keeping up with your from your blog. Give your dad a hug for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, Joel definitely got the best snuggle time! The quilt is one that Shelby's mom, my oh-so-talented mother-in-law MADE for me when I graduated from Howard Payne in 1998. I LOVE that quilt...I will always remember graduation day when she gave it to me and I found out that she had MADE it! I was in awe...

    Whitney, you are SO right! Your daddy is going to be THE BEST grandpa! Mary Katherine, Caroline, Luke, and now Georgia ALL LOVE MR. JOEL! He is what I like to call "salt of the the earth" people...such a great man! I will give Dad a hug! Praying for you tomorrow...and today as you prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, I love your post. I had to catch up tonight and show Dale the photos. Loved our visit with you guys and so glad you had a nice vacation. AND...a belated, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I kept the kids for four days while Stacy got some business done and that gave she and David time for their anniversary on the 6th. Then he came down yesterday and put a new roof on my house in ONE day. I know he was exhausted.
    I praise God for the love you and Shelby share and the love you give to Georgia Claire. Thankyou one hundred times! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete