Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Meeting Julia

One year ago today we met beautiful Julia, Georgia's birthmom, for the very first time! I can't believe we've only known her for a year and Georgia is already 10 months old! I can remember the day very well...we had about a 4 hour drive and the closer we got the more nervous we got. A week before I got my hair cut & colored and she took extra time on it...making sure it was perfect for our meeting! I even went out and bought new make-up and a new shirt, wanting everything to be just right. I think we even bought Shelby a new shirt! It was a wonderful lunch meeting and we thought Julia was absolutely beautiful and precious and we still do. It was on that day that we learned the baby was a GIRL! How exciting! Tears of joy were shed all the way home as we called our family and friends to share the news. Although we don't talk much to Julia (she's planning a September wedding and I am pregnant with a 10 month old!) I pray for her every day and think about her all the time. She has given us so much joy and happiness through Georgia!

Here are the two things she's still doing that I think are adorable...
Tilting her head...
And squinting her eyes...
I HAD to take a picture of the picture Mary Katherine drew for us. She is not quite five...will be on June 24th. Andy typed out our names on the computer and she wrote them all by herself. It's so cute I think I have to frame it! Notice the baby is a girl...she's wearing a pink dress! We shall see! I think it would be great fun to have a little girl (it certainly would be easy with all that we have from Georgia) and to watch two little girls 14 months apart grow up together. But, I also think it would be great to have a little boy, too! A boy would carry on the Braman name...Shelby is the last male Braman. Either way, we are THRILLED! Our prayer has been for a healthy baby and it will continue to be our prayer, regardless of what sex the baby is!
Thank you God for this past year, the joys and surprises that have come, and the months and years ahead of us. We trust in you and look forward to seeing your beautiful plan unfold.


No comments:

Post a Comment