Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ten Months Old Today

"They grow up so fast!" I've heard that phrase so much these past 10 months. A lady at Hobby Lobby on Thursday actually got tears in her eyes telling me about her daughter who was graduating from high school this year. She said, "It seems like yesterday she was that small" as she pointed to Georgia. One thing I can honestly say is that Shelby & I are definitely enjoying every minute of Georgia and watching her grow and learn. I can remember the day 10 months ago and seeing her for the first time...so tiny and precious...and in the back of my mind wondering if this was our daughter. The fact was Julia had 48 hours to change her mind, and I knew it was possible. Friends and acquaintances would say things to us like, "What if she changes her mind?" and "I can't imagine giving up my daughter". I found myself getting defensive and protective of Julia and her totally selfless decision to PLACE her baby for adoption. She didn't GIVE UP Georgia...she chose to give her a life with a mom and a dad who wanted a baby more than anything else in the world! As a 17 year old, her maturity was and still is (as an 18 year old), hard for me to wrap my mind around. All I can say is thank you God that she (and many other birthmoms) DO choose to give their babies LIFE. I would respond to those who had questions, "Aren't we so thankful that there are women like Julia who choose adoption for women like me, who can't carry my own biological child?!" (Little did I know what God had in store for ME!) And to the question about her changing her mind...that was something we thought about every day but we trusted that God had brought us to Julia, and had brought Julia to us, and that this baby was going to be our daughter. Now here we are 10 months later and loving our life as a family of 3...soon to be a family of 4. "Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also live in hope." -Acts 2:26

Ready to go!
Laughing at momma...
LOVE LOVE LOVE my baby girl!
I think she is happiest when Daddy is home...
Hanging out, enjoying our day together...Shelby & I look happy, Georgia looks a little scared! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. oh man- i love you guys!

    that belly pic of you is super cute! look at you with your baby belly!!! do you know the sex yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mandi! We love you, too! We find out the sex on May 10th--24 week appt. I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete