Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fun Weekend

I've decided that the older I get my idea of "fun" continues to change. My idea of fun lately is just being with my family...planting flowers, shopping, playing with Georgia and Shelby, just spending time together. Shelby has been travelling quite a bit lately and I've missed him tremendously, but it was evident when he got home on Friday that Georgia missed him just as much as me, if not more! She couldn't quit smiling or looking at him...PRECIOUS! We enjoyed Friday afternoon together, just us three, and then went out to Mom's & Dad's for my sister Kathy's belated birthday dinner. On Saturday I got a pedicure...first one of the season (I could have stayed in that chair for two hours) while Shelby and Georgia shopped at Academy. Poor guy had to spend a whole hour in his favorite store! I swear if he had $1,000 to spend, he'd spend it there. On a side note-he got to go fishing last weekend with a group of about 12 guys to Arkansas. Shelby loves to fly fish and even ties his own flies...he's VERY good at it. I love watching him cast his fly line...it's so pretty and soothing to watch. I think we may go back to that spot either just us three or with the family. After my pedicure we went to Lowe's and talked about all of our projects we'd like to do this spring and summer, before baby #2 arrives. I guess we wore Georgia out because she slept for 2 hours in her car seat. When we got home we did a little outside. I planted some Zinnia, Poppy, & Hollyhock seeds...I hope they grow! They will be so pretty in our front yard! (I spent about $3 for the seeds, so I figure if they don't make it there is not much harm done.)

Happy Georgia with her Daddy...
Happy Georgia with her Momma (& our Jasmine that is FINALLY taking off and growing...YIPPEE!)
This is one of her favorite things to do now...play with toys in front of a mirror. She will just laugh and talk to that baby in the mirror! It is SO CUTE to watch!
In the midst of her 2 hour nap...
Kathy put her hair in "water spouts" as Caroline & Mary Katherine call them...notice the squinty eyes again! Shelby has started a new nickname with her...SQUINTS! Hahaha!
Kathy getting lots of help blowing out the candles in one of two homemade strawberry pies made my Grandma.
And the perfect way to end the night...chocolate milk made by Paw Paw!

1 comment:

  1. sweetie if you are going to spread your legs can you take off your panties first for me

    ReplyDelete