Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

In Psalms 107:1 it says, "Give thanks to the Lord for He is GOOD..." and I am in awe of his goodness on this Thanksgiving Day, 2009. How blessed Shelby & I feel to have this precious baby girl in our life! We love you Georgia Claire and are SO incredibly thankful that God has brought you to us. It has been a great 5+ months...who would have known this time last year that we would already have a 5 month old?!
We went to Keller on Tuesday night to spend Thanksgiving with Shelby's family. Before we left town I fed Georgia, gave her a bath, and put her in her footed pj's and she was asleep before we got out of the city limits. She slept the whole way (almost 3 hours) and woke up ready to play when we arrived. She played, had another bottle and was asleep in her pack-n-play by 10:00! She slept the entire night and woke up around 8:00. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but she is a WONDERFUL sleeper! Julia told me that she slept a lot while she was pregnant with Georgia...maybe that's why?! Whatever the reason, I am NOT complaining! She slept all night last night, too! Such a blessing in itself to have a baby that is a good sleeper!

We had a terrific lunch today of Greenberg turkey and too many sides to list! It was DEE-lish! Here are some sweet pictures we got today. After being passed around, Georgia was more than happy to sit in her bouncy seat while we ate and ate and ate!

With her daddy...
With her momma...
With Gran Barry & Mimi...
With Aunt Heather...
With two of her great-grandmothers (Ramona & Christine...Shelby's mom's mom and his dad's mom)...
Paula's sister Melody was also in town and I thought I got a picture of Georgia and her, but I guess I didn't, not on my camera anyway.

Georgia LOVES the computer, tv, blackberry, iPhone, or anything else with a screen! Here she is with Shelby catching up on our blog...
Aunt Heather downloaded an app called "Peekaboo Barn" (I think!) on her iPhone and Georgia enjoyed touching the screen and watching all of the animals come out! It was SO CUTE! In fact, Georgia liked it so much she played it until she passed out last night in Heather's arms...
Playing with Mimi...
I LOVE this picture of Georgia and Heather. Georgia LOVES the windows and so Heather just sat down and they looked out in the backyard for awhile...so sweet.
I have to brag on Georgia's creative Aunt Heather, Shelby's younger sister. She is taking art classes at TCC and is EXTREMELY TALENTED! It has come really easy to her which is CRAZY when you see how good she is! She's only been painting since January of THIS YEAR people! 2009 has already been a great year for her and we are all so excited about her VERY bright future in art. She has been painting Fisher Price "Little People" in different scenes and has completed 4 paintings to date. I can't wait to see what's next! =) This past weekend she was awarded "Best in Show" for "Cornered"...see below. Way to go, Heather! I am in awe of your creativity...

"Cornered"
"Battle Scars"
I didn't take any pictures when we went to see the paintings so I stole these from her facebook! Sorry they are so small! I don't know WHY I didn't take pictures?! I think I was so amazed that I completely forgot!


And here are her first two paintings,

"The Space Between"

and "Away From the Crowd"

And to end our Thanksgiving day, we came home, unpacked the car and headed out to Grandma's & Paw Paw's where we enjoyed a small plate of chicken and dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce and homemade rolls AND Georgia's first fire built by Paw Paw...thanks Mom and Dad! Georgia could not take her eyes off the fire!
I have to say that my sweet DAD is another someone that I am VERY THANKFUL for today (and every day). We are SO thankful that he has new valves and essentially, a new heart! He looked at me tonight and said, "Becky, I feel SO GOOD!" PRAISE GOD! Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Becky - These pictures are wonderful! Thank-you guys for all your hard work keeping things rolling for us on this end. I love you.

    Georgia is getting more beautiful every day - how does that work? Every new blog entry surprises me and I think "Wow, she looks like someone I know!" I'm so proud to bless your marriage and your family with this wonderful gift.

    Can't get over Heather's paintings - they look like photos. I Love Little People and have started a small collection - they're too cool.

    Also...love your necklace!!!!! Need one ~ have you had it long?

    Can't wait to see you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - one more thing - Julia is a techie, gadgety, geek! While she doesn't watch a lot of TV, she loves movies. You know she's a musician, but I didn't tell her when we found out about her loving music...when she was Georgia's age, I sit her down in her carrier in front of Granny Mary's tv - to watch Lawrence Welk (sp?)...she watched the entire show and was so interested in the music and dancing....Your Georgia reminded me of her.

    ReplyDelete