Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sweater Weather

That's the title of the blog background I picked...I LOVE THE FALL & CANNOT WAIT UNTIL "SWEATER WEATHER"! Things are changing...Ivy Jane is growing up-she'll be 13 months old tomorrow, football is all over our DVR, and the temperatures were in the 80's today & supposed to be in the 50's Tuesday night! WOW! We've had another great weekend, although we were not able to go to church this morning. I took the girls to the doctor Friday and found out they both had a virus-cough, runny nose, congestion, etc. but they are on the mend! So, instead of going to church this morning, we enjoyed our day at home. It really was a GREAT day-breakfast together, watching church on tv, reading, playing, watching Sesame Street, eating lunch together, taking a nap, watching football, taking a walk, working in the yard, eating supper together, and playing a little more before bath, books, and bed!

Ivy Jane is SO close to walking. She's learned that she can open the door to the refrigerator. I love watching her when she thinks no one is...
I can hear her thoughts--"Why did you just take my picture? I'm hungry...a little help here, please!"
We played A LOT this weekend. Friday evening after supper we "ate" again in Georgia's room while Daddy cleaned up the kitchen...
We also read A LOT! Georgia would read books all day long if I let her! Tonight we were outside and she said, "I read books, OK? Be right back Momma." She went inside, and came back out with her three favorites...Hop on Pop, Goodnight Moon, & Elmo's ABC's.
And, I'm afraid to say it, but my sweet little 2 year old has become a football fan! I got her bathed tonight and she said, "Where'd Daddy go?" and then I said, "He's in the living room!"...to which she replied, "Watch football!" She ran into the living room with her towel around her and was mesmerized by the Aggies! Here she is with her Daddy watching football...
She started crying when we told her it was time for bed, saying, "I watch football Daddy!" Her Daddy quickly told her that it was OK, that they would have FOUR nights next week to watch football...ugh!

Ivy Jane is happy as a lark in this little rocking chair. She climbs up in it and rocks and smiles and laughs-sweet baby! She will be 13 months old tomorrow and tonight I officially stopped nursing her. I was sadder than I thought I'd be! I thought she might cry and wonder why I wasn't feeding her, but she had her whole milk, we brushed her teeth, I read her a couple of books, sang a few songs, put her in bed and she didn't make a peep! My baby is growing up.
I made a fort under our dining table and we read books, used flashlights, and played. They THOROUGHLY enjoyed it!
It has been a GREAT weekend and we have ONE MORE DAY at home with Shelby-yippee! =) I can't wait for those "sweater weather" temps later in the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment