Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I had to go back to East Texas on Wednesday for a doctor's appointment and I wanted to check on Mom. She had arthroscopic knee surgery but was home by 10:30! When Dad called Kathy to tell her that Mom was out of surgery at 7:45, Mary Katherine said, "MAN! Grandma is GOOD at surgery!" Hahaha! Hopefully this will help the knee swelling and pain Mom has been having. She's doing well and on the mend. She has her cell phone on her bed and is calling Dad when she needs something. Dad said he was about ready to take her phone away! =)

On our way there, Georgia read and read and read...I'm sure everyone that reads this knows about the wildfires going on around Texas. East Texas has been hit pretty hard. The smoke is awful. Here's a picture as I was heading into town.
It smells like one giant campfire. Thank goodness my family is ok, but we know a fire can happen at any time! Mom & Dad have even made a list of things they will grab if they have to evacuate. Dad spent Tuesday working on making sure the Christmas trees were ok. Using the tractor, he dug a ditch around the perimeter of the trees to hopefully stop a fire, if one should start. Scary times but it seems to be getting better! We all need rain SO bad!

We spent the day with Kathy and Caroline, since Mom was recuperating from her surgery. Ivy Jane thoroughly enjoyed jumping on the chair with Caroline! She was cackling!

Caroline & Georgia enjoyed cuddling on Caroline's bed and reading before naptime...
We had a great day, just hanging out with family and playing. Every night before I get in bed I HAVE to go in and check on both girls. I can't sleep until I look at them one last time. I was glad I checked on Ivy Jane last night because this is what I found...
Doesn't she look SO uncomfortable?! I pulled her around and straightened her pillow, blankets, etc. and she didn't flinch! I guess she wore herself out!

SO thankful for a good night's sleep, for comfy beds to come home to, and for cousin play time!

No comments:

Post a Comment