Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, August 29, 2011

16 Years

16 years ago today Shelby & I had our first date. Tonight, we celebrated with our two baby girls! Our celebration consisted of eating out at a KFR (Kid Friendly Restaurant), going to Kirkland's to buy a lamp, and grocery shopping. Although Shelby & I didn't have a romantic dinner reminiscing about the last 16 years, (have we EVER had a romantic dinner?!?!?) we got lots of smiles, hugs & laughs at supper from two special little ladies. After groceries, it was home for baths and play time before bedtime stories, milk, and cuddling with our two little loves. That's one of the things I love most about having babies. They have a way of making you slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. I am totally content and in my happy place when I am surrounded by my family, doing the simple things like helping Georgia mark off the groceries on our shopping list or tickling Ivy Jane until she belly laughs or singing the Elmo alphabet rap with Shelby while our girls laugh and clap...thank you, Lord, for this sweet family you have given me!

1 comment:

  1. ah man! I can totally picture you and Shelby rapping to the girls. Awesome! So you know, I totally take credit for the two of you getting together. I mean, maybe I had nothing to do with it, but I've always felt like I did. So don't go bursting my narcissistic bubble over here!

    Happy 16!

    ReplyDelete