Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Big Guh Bed

Georgia sleeps FABULOUSLY in her crib, but we've known the time was coming for her to transition to a "big girl bed". I thought about making the transition when we moved but Shelby & I decided that we needed to make the move with some familiarity for her. So, we decided last night that it was time for her to make the change. We started talking it up with her last night and went to Target today and bought a wooden toddler bed that her crib mattress fits into. She was so excited to help her Daddy with her "big guh bed". She kept saying, "I help Daddy big guh bed"! Those last three words in the phrase she would say really quickly...so cute!

Here they are taking down the crib...I use the term "they" loosely!
And the assembly begins...
We watched her VERY closely with this screwdriver, but she was SO excited to help!
Even Ivy Jane got in on the action...
The last piece...the crib aquarium. We can't part with it just yet!
Ivy Jane climbed right up and had to check out the aquarium. Don't you just love that little Elmo booty?! She is squealing with excitement!
Georgia took a two hour nap in her new bed today! It was a little hard for her to go to sleep, but after her Daddy read books I went in and sang a few songs and she fell asleep! When she woke up she sat in her bed and stayed there until I went in to her room. When I opened the door she said, "Hi Momma!" and I said, "Hi Georgia! Are you ready to get out of bed?" and she said, "YES!" and hopped down. I don't know if she thought she couldn't get out or wasn't supposed to, but it was too cute! Fast forward to tonight at bedtime...again, it took longer to go to sleep than normal, but by 9:00 she was asleep. Here is our sweet girl snoring...
We are keeping our fingers crossed that our "big girl" has a good night's sleep in her new bed! I'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmm big girl bed lots more room, you will be squealing when I get you in there, tell mom you won't be getting much sleep

    ReplyDelete