Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, September 9, 2011

Therapeutic Day

I feel guilty for saying it (OK, not THAT guilty), but today was FABULOUS! For the first time since Ivy Jane was born I had a day to myself (from 8:30-2:00)! The girls started Mom's Day Out today and they both did SO WELL! Shelby & I have been praying that they would have fun & WANT to go. We've been "talking it up" with Georgia telling her that she would have new friends to play with a whole room of new toys. She said this morning she was ready to "play new friends"!

Here they are with their bags--YES, they are as big as they are--ready to go! (These were the best pictures I could get!

Ivy Jane was the first to be dropped off and she did AWESOME! You would think she was going to her Grandma or Mimi! It was quick and painless! Yes! Ok, now to the 2 year old class. Georgia and I had been talking about what would be in her classroom and she said she wanted to "weed books" and "pay pupples" (puzzles). Guess what we went right to? The books and the puzzles! Yesss! I stayed a few minutes and then told her I was going to go for a bit. This is how our conversation went...

Me: "Are you going to have fun with your new friends?"
Georgia: "Yes!"
Me: "Are you going to be a good girl?"
Georgia "Yes! Bye bye Momma!" and she hugged my neck and did not look back!

Seriously?! I cannot believe how smooth it went. I tried not to run out of the church or smile too big when I was leaving, but it was such a relief that they were both happy! =) I shopped the WHOLE time by myself and had soup & salad at Jason's Deli by myself! It was DIVINE! It truly was like therapy for me.

I picked up Georgia first and she was helping fold the nap mats. Her teacher said she did not nap, however she laid quietly on her mat for and hour and a half. She had a great day and came home and wanted to go straight to bed! When we picked up Ivy Jane she was laughing and eating goldfish. Her teacher said, "You were right! She does love ALLLL kinds of food!" Apparently she ate her food and her friend's food to her left and her friend's food to the right, too! That girl can eat! =)

So, today I am very thankful for a great, kid-friendly, God-loving environment for my girls to go for a few hours two days a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment