Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Saturday, August 13, 2011

New Beginnings

Mornings are one of my favorite times of the day...the girls have serious bedhead, and huge smiles & hugs for Momma, and we start the day out refreshed and renewed (most days)! They usually hang out in my bathroom with me while I get ready. I bring a basket of toys and lock both doors so they can't get out! Georgia loves her baby doll...I think she's under all of those blankets!
Ivy Jane has learned to love books just as much as her big sis! We usually have at least one or two arguments over books each day!
School started here in Louisiana this past week. As I was shopping in Target with my girls one day I saw a mom and her two little girls shopping for school supplies. I looked at them for a second and thought, "that will be me in NO TIME!" I cannot believe I already have a two year old and a one year old. As I was loading yet another box of diapers into my shopping cart I said a prayer of thanksgiving...right then and there. Thank you Lord for these baby girls...thank you that I can stay home with them...thank you for Shelby's job that allows me the PRIVILEGE of staying home with them. This time of year always makes me miss teaching a bit, but then I snap out of it! =)
I came across this prayer in another blog and I had to share it with my friends who are facing a new school year! May your year be blessed!

Here we are again, Lord. Their backpacks are loaded and their faces are scrubbed and their lunch accounts are full. And I know you'll walk with them, Lord. You always do. But a mom still has to ask. Will You walk with them? Will You whisper to them what they need to hear, when I'm not there to whisper it? Will You please, oh please, cover their school with the protection only You can give, and will You keep harm far away? Will You make their minds strong and ready to learn? Will You help them understand that hard work honors the One who created them? Will You guide their teachers, giving them patience and wisdom and creativity and even more patience? Will You bless them for their efforts? Will You love all those children there, the ones whose lunch accounts aren't full, the ones who feel alone? Will You teach my children to be kind and unselfish and to love those who are different from them? Will You point them back toward home just as soon as you can? Lord, I give them to You today and everyday, trusting them to Your care. Amen.

One of Shelby's friends at work invited us to his daughter's first birthday. We went this morning and had a FANTASTIC time! Adley turned one...just FIVE days after Ivy Jane! In all there were 7 families with 12 kiddos ranging from about 9 weeks-5 years!
Shelby really likes the guys he works with and I'm so thankful. Most of them are new to the area, too, so it's great having connections with people who are in the same boat as us.
Since we moved (really since we first found out we were moving) I've been praying for friends for us, but especially the girls. Looks like we may have found ourselves some friends! The wives have jobs like...OT, dental hygenist, HR recruiter, kindergarten teacher & there is one other stay-at-home-mom...YAY!!!! Thank you, Lord, for new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment