Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Moving To Louisiana

Let's see...it's been 4 or so weeks since I last blogged and BOY have we been B-U-S-Y! We've moved to Louisiana and Ivy Jane has turned ONE! In the days that led up to our move we spent a lot of time at mom & dad's house because it was so chaotic at our home with the movers packing. I wanted to make sure that the girls were happy and that their lives were interrupted as little as possible. For a couple of days, Shelby sat at the house with the movers while they packed everything. He's such a good daddy and husband. Let me just say THANK YOU Baker Hughes for packing & moving us...what a LIFESAVER! As crazy as it was, not having to pack a box or load a truck was fabulous!

The girls and I played at Mom & Dad's home and took naps while Shelby and the movers were at our home. Georgia and Ivy Jane like to play in mom's curtains in her living room...I love Georgia's little toes in this picture!

The week before we moved, my Bunco group needed me to sub, and it just happened to be 80's night. SO, Kathy bought me an outfit at Goodwill that was 80's fabulous and afterwards we met up with the family at the farm to shoot some fireworks.
It was windy...we got a little rain right after we took this picture of Georgia...
Our 80's outfits...complete with big dangling earrings, big hair, etc!
The last night we slept in our home we had boxes everywhere but we were so glad to get to sleep in our beds one final night and the girls did GREAT! Thank you, Lord! Georgia was exhausted that night...
We all were...
Georgia got to play at Kathy's house one day while I had an appointment. The girls played dress up...Ava, Mary Katherine, Caroline, Emma, & Georgia. (Ava & Emma are MK's and Caroline's cousins.) I love this picture!
Georgia taking dancing lessons from Caroline...
I could not believe how LARGE the moving truck was! It was impressive. I have to say that I got a huge lump in my throat when it pulled up in front of our home.
The last night in Kilgore we stayed in a hotel because my sister Angie and her family were at Mom & Dad's. The girls did very well again! Although Shelby & I didn't sleep very well. Here they are reading a few books before bed...
Ivy Jane hanging out with Daddy...
My entire side of the family came over on Saturday--the day after we moved to help us unpack and get a few things done. They were SO MUCH help!
This picture cracks me up. Will just decided he wanted to climb up on Paw Paw and sit on his shoulders! He climbed up on the turquoise high chair and then climbed up Dad in a matter of about 5 seconds! Crazy little monkey! (Will looked great, by the way! He's getting taller and seems to be feeling good!)
Joe & Andy supporting Shelby as he hung the monstrous mirror!
We are LOVING our home and the girls have not skipped a beat! We made sure we got their rooms set up first and it seemed to really help. I think having the familiarity of their beds, blankets, toys, etc. made it feel like home. Like Shelby's mom said the other night, "Home is where the heart is!" I have learned that from my sweet little girls. Every time we drive into our neighborhood Georgia says, "NEW HOUSE!" and when we are out and about and she's ready to go home she says, "Go new house!" I will post pics of the house later, as well as Ivy Jane's first birthday party pics. I know I am SOOOO behind on blogging. We just got internet last Thursday and Shelby's parents came that evening and we had Ivy Jane's party on Saturday! So, today is the first day that I felt like I had a few minutes to blog. But, right now I have two little girls waking up from nap...so stay tuned for more posts!

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY!!! I have been wondering what you guys are up to- and pretty much figured that this was it! I can't wait to see pics of the new house. Exciting!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete