Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trying to remember everything...

So I see my blog as an online baby book in a way...one that I can go back to & find the dates, etc. when the girls performed certain skills, especially since I am SOOOO behind on their baby books! Ugh. I'm horrible when it comes to scrapbooking, baby books, etc. I HAVE to be better at that. So, I'm blogging this morning to add a few things that Georgia is saying & that Ivy Jane is doing right now that I forgot to mention on the previous post. I want to remember EVERYTHING they are doing and saying because it changes so very quickly!

Georgia--
*"No Momma, Jo-ja do it. Jo-ja do it!"...as she buckles herself into her carseat or puts on her pj's or shoes.
*"Help me! Help me!"...as she runs to help me sweep, mop, vacuum or unload the dishwasher. She says "help me" because I always ask her, "Do you want to help me?"
*and "Hold you!"...as she reaches up for one of us to hold her.

Here is her attempt at putting on her pj's by herself. Shelby said it was her first (and ONLY) tube top that she would wear!
Ivy Jane--
*crawling crazy fast!
*cruising around the furniture...yesterday she turned loose and reached from one chair to another
*laughing hysterically (big, belly laughs) at her big sister
*climbing up the stairs (thank goodness for the baby gate!)

Here is Ivy Jane waiting patiently for her sister to wake up from her nap! She kept crawling away and getting more toys!
I love these girls! They definitely keep me on my toes and I'm loving it!

1 comment:

  1. I use my blog in the same way. Recipes, books, milestones, you name it! One thing I did that helped me in keeping records is to keep a journal written to the kids. I keep them next to my bed so I can jot something down before I go to sleep. Sometimes I go months, sometimes I have several days worth written back to back. I love looking back and reading all of the love letters I've written to them over the years. And I can't wait until they are old enough to read and appreciate them. I think they will be pretty special- if I can let go of them!

    ReplyDelete