Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy First Birthday, Ivy Jane!

Ivy Jane turned a year old on August 5th...where did the year go?! She has become such a sweetie pie, but I'm afraid she's going to be my strong-willed one! As the doctor said today at her check-up, there is nothing wrong with strong-willed! It just means that she's going to be a leader one day! Sounds good to me...I'm going with that! =) She weighs 21 pounds, 13 oz and is 30 inches long. She's wearing 18 month clothes and has almost caught up to her big sister! She's saying "momma", "dadda", "no no", "nana" for banana, "cows", "cracker", "paw paw", and LOTS of gibberish...I'm thinking she's going to be caught up with Georgia in her language, too!

On her birthday I went into her bedroom singing "Happy Birthday" to her and here is the sweet little squinty-eyed smile I got in return...
Opening gifts...she was already getting tired, can you tell?!
Kids Table...Georgia is so big!
Happy Birthday girl...
Our attempt at a family picture...Georgia was running around with her cousins and wouldn't stop for a photo!
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to! (Right after this picture, she went to bed!)
Georgia & Caroline playing...the faces say it all!
Three little monkeys jumping on the bed!
The decor...I put pictures of Ivy Jane throughout the year in mason jars. Shelby's mom added pink roses that I bought...it was girly and oh-so-cute!
When Ivy Jane woke up she finally ate her mini strawberry cake and thoroughly enjoyed it!
She was pooped...fell asleep in Daddy's arms at 7:30!
We love you, Ivy Jane! Thank you for being a precious addition to our family. We cannot wait to watch you and Georgia grow up together!

No comments:

Post a Comment