Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The quote of the night on New Year's Eve came from Shelby, as we are sitting in the living room having a tea party with Mary Katherine & Georgia Claire watching a Strawberry Shortcake movie. I asked him if he was OK, that I thought he was sort of being a bump on a log, and he said, "I'm fine! There's just a little too much estrogen in the room at the moment." Hahahaha! If he thinks there's a lot of estrogen right now just wait until we have two teenage girls! I'm thinking he's probably going to take up hunting or something...an excuse to get out of the house from time to time! =) It's not like our New Year's Eve celebrations have ever been wild and crazy but this year was especially comical. Mary Katherine spent the night with us and we made homemade pizza, played with Georgia's new toys, and were in bed by 10:15. We wouldn't trade it though. Shelby loves his girls...and I think he secretly enjoyed the tea party!

I told Kathy that if Mary Katherine wasn't only five I'd seriously consider hiring her once a week to play with & babysit Georgia Claire. THEY LOVE EACH OTHER! It is PRECIOUS to watch. Mary Katherine kept picking her up and telling her in the sweetest little voice, "You're heavy, you know that Georgia? You're a big girl!" She probably said it 10 times throughout the evening. Georgia kept patting MK on the back and smiling at her. While I got the pizza dough going, the girls read books (Ivy Jane "helped" me in the kitchen).
Then they came in and helped spread the sauce and sprinkle the cheese...
I decided we needed to have a New Year's Eve celebration, so I dug in the pantry and found goldfish, marshmallows, and fruit snacks...Mother of the Year, right?! We also had some sparkling grape juice (Georgia didn't like it, though). Mary Katherine said, "This is SO awesome! Can we do it again in the morning?"
The next morning while Georgia Claire & her daddy were still sleeping, Mary Katherine, Ivy Jane, & I got up and watched a little TV. Ivy enjoyed cuddling with her big cousin!






No comments:

Post a Comment