Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Best Christmas Gift

My sister Angie gave us all a very special gift this year. It's a book titled, "Lessons Learned in the Hospital"...Angie is the author and Will is the illustrator. On the inside cover it reads, "This little book is dedicated to all children spending Christmas in the hospital." On the next page it says, "The pictures in this book were drawn and colored by 5 yr old Will 3 days after surgery to remove his lung on October 5, 2010. Some are dot-to-dots drawn by his PawPaw. Will reminds us that miracles happen!

"It's OK to want to sail away sometimes."
"If all else fails...show them your TEETH!"
"There is someone who will always answer when you call."
"We are all vulnerable without protection."
"Sometimes the simplest machines pack the most power!"
"I think I can...I think I can...I KNOW I can! You are as strong as you believe yourself to be!"
"The view is always better up HIGH!"
"Beauty can be found...Anywhere!"
Does this put things into perspective or what?! It's not about fancy gifts or the latest gadgets. This Christmas I really thought about what it all means to me...spending time with our family, creating memories with our girls, counting my blessings of which there are many, and being thankful for the miraculous birth of our savior. What a SPECIAL time of year!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a precious gift.

    It looks like you guys had so much fun on Ivy's first Christmas!

    I love the Christmas season now more than ever. We have really enjoyed celebrating advent with our kids now that they are older and helping them make gifts for one another. It's such a special time.

    ReplyDelete