Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Growing Pains

Sweet Ivy Jane hasn't been so sweet lately...poor baby!
Apparently she is going through a growth spurt and is dealing with growing pains! Last Tuesday I thought she was sick so I took her to the doctor, only to hear that she was fine...just a little congestion. SO, we came home and started using the humidifier, saline nose mist, and I even propped her mattress up on one end with some books under it so that she could breathe easier. Wednesday night she woke up in the middle of the night...not like her! She's been sleeping 9-11 hours each night! Thursday night she woke up every 2 hours or so, Friday night she was up every hour or two! Ugh! By Saturday I was CONVINCED she had to have an ear infection since she was waking up so much. I was exhausted, and so was she. (Did it phase Georgia? Not one bit! She continued her 11-12 hour sleeping schedule! Thank goodness!) On Monday I went BACK to the doctor with Ivy Jane only to hear, "Her ears are clear. She has no fever. AND, her lungs sound clear!" SO, WHY in the world has she been waking up every hour or two? Growing pains...possibly starting to teethe. When we got home I was determined to get my sweet Ivy Jane back-the plan was to feed her as much as possible and it has seemed to help! She's getting back on her schedule & I couldn't be happier.
Even Big Sis Georgia has gotten in on the feeding!

Last night Ivy Jane woke up at 11:30 and instead of picking her up and feeding her, I let her cry it out. She had just had milk at 9:00, so I knew she wasn't hungry. I went in & checked on her...gave her her paci and closed her door...I stood in my room with the monitor in my hand praying that God would help her to go to sleep and in about 5 minutes she was snoring! Yippee! I'm sure these aren't the only growing pains we will experience, but I'm hoping these are on their way out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment