Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sweetness

I've become quite the "Betty Crocker" lately and I'm really enjoying learning to do more in the kitchen. Shelby isn't complaining either! =) One of my very favorite things to do is to get together with my parents and eat a home-cooked meal from my mom. Around Christmas I started thinking that I needed to start learning to do more in the kitchen if I was going to pass on that love of "getting together" with my girls. As I was cooking supper a few days ago I put Ivy Jane in the bouncy seat near me in the kitchen. That way, I had my eye on her and she had her eye on me! She seems to be content as long as she has Momma in sight! Georgia Claire was busy in the living room playing but before long, she walked in-carrying her little chair (the chair that used to be brown...also the chair that was Shelby's when he was a little boy) and put it beside Ivy Jane and sat down. Right after I took this picture she patted her and gave her a kiss. She LOVES her baby sister! I was thinking today what a blessing it is to have an older sister that is so sweet and so caring when it comes to her baby sister. I realize it might not always be this way, but I'm sure enjoying the sweetness of it right now!
Speaking of sweetness...I love this picture of Georgia & Caroline! Last Friday was our first experience with a playgroup that meets once a week. It involves several kids/moms from our church & MDO...including my sister and some other moms that are TERRIFIC! It gives me a break by getting out and visiting with other moms and it gives Georgia a break from our home. Ivy Jane was very happy just sitting in her stroller watching everyone! Georgia was initiated with a busted lip about 15 minutes after we got there but she was a trooper and got right back out there after most of the bleeding stopped. Caroline was SO sweet to Georgia, playing right beside her most of the time! There is a little over 2 years between these girls and I cannot wait to watch them grow to be best friends! It makes my heart happy! Caroline is HILARIOUS and if any of that rubs off onto Georgia it will be fine by me!
Thank you Lord for the sweetness of these little girls that are in my life!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a group of mamas to hang out with. That is so good for the soul!

    Know what I've been thinking about lately- your lemonade cookies! Wouldn't want to share that recipe, would you? My Levi has decided that his favorite cookies are lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it! Emailing you now...

    ReplyDelete