Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SNOW

Snow came to town on Sunday! The flakes were HUGE and it was very pretty...our little winter wonderland! Georgia Claire experienced the snow last February but she doesn't remember it, I'm sure. Shelby was sick with bronchitis (I had it previously) so we all rested that afternoon. Ivy Jane and I napped on the couch while Georgia Claire napped in her bed and Daddy slept in our bed. When I woke up it was snowing so hard! Georgia didn't know what to think when I opened the blinds in her room after she woke up from her nap. She smiled and laughed and said "Oooohhhh"!

Side Note-(Sunday was a big day for our church-we had a man come in view of a call & the church voted to make him our new youth minister! I am very excited for our church, especially our youth! I'm also excited for Georgia Claire because our new youth minister & his wife have an adorable little girl who is 15 months and her name is Jenna Klaire! =) Georgia Claire & Jenna Klaire played peek-a-boo in Sunday School! I'm hoping to set up some play dates with her soon!)

We took the girls out (for about ten minutes) on Monday to experience the snow. Shelby stayed home sick but he had to come outside with us. It took Georgia Claire about 9 minutes to walk from the front door to the yard...OK, not really, but it sure seemed like it! She was so funny-took itty bitty baby steps the whole way! =)
"Oooohhhh!"
Touching the snow for the first time...
Stepping in the snow...
Laughing at Daddy throwing snowballs. She didn't move around much...
Snow day & sick hubby=no make-up or shower day for Momma! I was on call the entire day...meds & drinks & tissues for daddy and playing all day with the girls...we read books (every book in the house, I think!), we played kitchen, we bowled, we worked puzzles, we watched a video, we ate, they napped (thank goodness!), we played babies, we played with the dollhouse, we played instruments, etc. etc! At about 9:00 that night as I was trying to get Ivy Jane to sleep I told Shelby that all I wanted to do was take a shower...sad to say it was 11 PM when I finally got my wish! Life of a mom, right?!
Daddy & his little spitting image...
Yea! A family picture! =)
10 minutes...she started crying...no more snow for us! Maybe next year (if we get more snow) we'll throw a snowball or actually build a snowman!

No comments:

Post a Comment