Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Twelve Years Today!

Twelve years ago today I married my best friend. Our ceremony was a beautiful one, that lasted all of about 15 minutes! After the reception, we left in my forest green 1999 VW Jetta with shoe-polished windows, got around the corner from the church and I burst into tears! I said, "I miss my family!", and I'm sure Shelby thought, "Oh my, what have I gotten myself into?" I look back and laugh...family has always meant so much to me. That's one of the things that I loved right away about Shelby. Now, here we are 12 years later, with two little girls, loving our sweet little family of four.

When we first got married I was an admissions counselor at our local community college and Shelby was a lab technician at an analytical lab. We lived in an apartment complex...our neighbors were mainly senior adults. It was quite comical, really. We used to love swimming in the afternoons with a man named Strawberry, a woman named Marie, and every once in a while Billy Bob & Geraldine would come out to visit, as well. We've come a long way since then...Shelby earned his Master's degree in Biology and is now working for one of the top oilfield service companies in the US. I got my teaching certification, taught for 8 years, and now get to spend my days nurturing and raising Georgia Claire & Ivy Jane. I used to dream of the day when I could be a stay-at-home mom, and now I am "living the dream"! Although it's not glamorous, and there are days that I don't get a shower until after Shelby gets home, I wouldn't trade it for any other job. I'm thankful that Shelby loves his job and he takes his job of providing for us so seriously. I'm thankful for the past 12 years and the ups and downs that we have had. One constant that remains...God is always faithful! Thank you, Lord, for these past 12 years and the journey we have been on with you as our guide.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you two! We're next weekend. Remember how we had to miss each other's weddings : (.
    You look beautiful in that picture!

    ReplyDelete