Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, May 2, 2011

Busy Busy!

This Momma has been soooo busy! I can't believe the last time I blogged was April 19th. The girls continue to get more and more fun as the days go by and I seem to get busier and busier! Ivy Jane is on the verge of crawling...she has actually made a couple of forward movements last night but I wouldn't call it crawling-just yet! She is becoming "Miss Personality" and really becomes alive after meal time! The child loves to eat! My favorite thing is to watch her laugh at Georgia. Every night after supper we put them in the bath together. I always sit on the edge of the tub with Ivy Jane in her diaper while the water is running. Georgia will run down the hallway when I say, "Go!" and run right up to Ivy Jane. Ivy Jane cackles and throws herself backwards in a back bend. It is HILARIOUS! =) They are becoming best friends and I LOVE IT!

Ivy Jane now has three teeth...I just love her sweet smile!
Last night we were enjoying playing together as a family in Georgia's room. Shelby & I were watching Ivy Jane, thinking she was about to crawl when Shelby looked at Georgia and said, "Oh my gosh!" Thank goodness I had the camera close (imagine that!)...I snapped this picture of Georgia...22 months going on 16! She had my cell phone and had her feet kicked up in the air just talking away!
This is the definition of a 22 month old multi-tasking...fireman's hat, coloring page, and pushing her baby in the stroller!
Little Easter bunny...
Another little Easter bunny...
Two little Easter bunnies having technical difficulties with their ears...


Easter morning dresses...

Girl cousins...Mary Katherine, Ivy Jane, Caroline Leigh, & Georgia Claire...
Georgia was definitely into the egg hunting this year...

So, in the midst of Easter celebrations and playing with and raising our two precious girls, we've been getting our house ready to SELL! Shelby was hand-picked by one of his company's big bosses to be the new District Technical Manager for the ArkLa district...working on projects dealing with the famous Haynesville Shale (largest natural gas field in North America)! The catch is, we have to move. It's not a huge move, but it is an hour away and in LOUISIANA! For the first time ever I will not be a citizen of the great state of Texas! I am BEYOND proud of Shelby and his accomplishments with his job in just the last 2 1/2 years. He is providing for our family and allowing me to stay home, something that I CHERISH! So, we are waiting for the "green light" from the relocation company and then we will officially start house hunting. The best news about the move...Shelby will NOT be traveling (an occasional night away, but no week-long trips)! I am VERY thankful, although I'm afraid I'm about to get A WHOLE LOT BUSIER! =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! The girls are so pretty! I love their little Easter dresses.

    I have been wondering what's the deal-io with the move. Thanks for updating here! Here's the thing- you might be leaving Texas, but you're still a TEXAN. A little jog across the river can't change that!

    ReplyDelete