Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Will CRAWL for food!

Ivy Jane's physical therapists came today...they hadn't seen her in 3 weeks. When they came in I told them how excited I was for her to show them all of her tricks. I said, "She's doing all kinds of things, but she's not crawling yet!" YET was obviously the key word because about 30 minutes later SHE WAS CRAWLING! We put toys out for her to go get & played with her on the floor, but she just sat & smiled at us. When we put puffs on the floor, she immediately started crawling! Sue, our PT, said that I needed to make her a shirt, "Will crawl for food!" She would crawl, grab a puff, and sit back and start clapping and waving her arms! She knew she had done something BIG!

Here's her progression...

Licking her lips...thinking about going...
And she's off!
I can ALMOST reach them!
YUMMMM!!!!
Did you see what I just did?!
Sue told me that she would be "graduating" from ECI soon! I asked her if they had ECI in Louisiana, and she said yes but Ivy Jane wouldn't qualify! Since she is now crawling, she is developmentally where she should be! WOW! Her trunk rotation, neck rotation and other movements are perfect. We're still working on the slight head tilt. Dr. Adams, her chiropractor, is still seeing her once a week. Today he was VERY happy with her progress and said, "We still had a slight head tilt, but that just makes for really cute pictures!" =) I'm so proud of our big girl...9 months old tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Way to go Ivy! I love those progressive pictures!

    ReplyDelete