Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blessings

Another busy couple of weeks = one bad blogger. I have to catch you up to speed on the craziness that is happening in the Braman household! I am amazed at how God is working in our move. Last Friday night the for sale sign went in our yard, we had a showing Saturday, and another on Monday. Monday night our realtor came over & told us, "Y'all, we got a FULL PRICE offer! Y'all must be in God's will because this is awesome!" The 2nd people that saw our house wanted it! Suzanne is our realtor and we LOVE her. I taught her son Collin in 6th grade a couple years ago (the year Georgia was born). She is a pastor's wife and has a wonderful heart. She told us the story of the couple that came to see the house...he was in the Navy, and she is 10.5 weeks pregnant. She's had two miscarriages and when they walked into Georgia's room and saw the sign that my friend Kathleen made that says, "For this child we prayed", they knew the house was theirs! =) Suzanne started crying telling us the story! I got chills & immediately knew that God was in this move. I've known all along really, but that was just affirmation that we were in His will. So, we got the offer Monday night and went to Louisiana Tuesday to do some serious house hunting. Another God thing...our realtor that we got matched up with was the TOP Coldwell Banker realtor in the state of Louisiana last year! She is AWESOME! We left Louisiana Tuesday afternoon after signing a contract on a new home! The new home is in a great neighborhood with lots of young families and the elementary school is rated a 10 out of 10...another God thing! SO, we have been filling out paperwork for our home loan and relocation, plus trying to stay present with the girls. We took time today to just be together...we had to move some firewood this morning, but we played a lot, too. We all took a great nap, ate a yummy meal at home, and played until the girls couldn't play any longer.

(((In the midst of everything, I've been reminded this weekend of how blessed we are and how life can change in an instant. The devastation in Missouri & the reports of parents still searching desperately for their children has made me stop and truly try to soak in every minute I have with my family. I cleaned out the girls' closets (yet again) on Friday and was able to get a tub of clothes to a friend who is taking a trailer of items to families in Joplin. Thinking of the moms with babies who have nothing but the clothes on their backs brought tears to my eyes as I looked at the hangers full & drawers full of baby clothes I have for my girls. On top of it all, Shelby got word today that one of the men he works with was killed in a brush hogging accident in Arkansas this morning. He was 52. Shelby knows one son (whom he also works with) and they have another son who is stationed in Afghanistan. I cannot imagine getting word that my Dad had died in an accident. Please remember the McGough family in these next few days, especially.)))

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my baby girls?! Georgia has been so much fun lately, and learning so much, and oozing with personality. She loves to sit and read, and she's totally into her babies. Yesterday she sat her baby in her booster seat and was saying, "Sit beebee, ok? Ok?" She sings to her babies, she puts them in bed, she pats them, she feeds them. I'm LOVING watching her grow and change into a very sweet and loving little girl. Granted, she has her moments & her meltdowns, but she's an absolute doll. She says "peas & thank you", usually now without being prompted. Look at this happy face...
Sweet Ivy Jane. She's pulling up & standing, crawling crazy fast, and babbling like crazy. She LOVES her older sister and is still a momma's girl. Shelby & I think she is going to be super sensitive. She's so sweet!
Georgia taking care of Ivy Jane...playing with bubbles in the wagon.
Georgia was swinging and wanted out. She then said, "I-dee sing!" She wanted me to put Ivy Jane in the swing & then wanted to push her...
Some of the blackberries I picked with Mom & Dad at the farm this morning...I made a fresh blackberry cobbler tonight & we almost ate the ENTIRE thing!
Our supper consisted of fresh vegetables from Mom & Dad's garden...fried squash & green beans (that I picked this morning), new potatoes in white sauce & onion (that we dug this morning), & cornbread...all that was missing was fresh tomatoes...and maybe some okra...and maybe some corn on the cob!
Counting my blessings today, more than ever. I'm so very thankful for the couple who is buying our home and the fact that they are going to love our house as much as we have, thankful for clothes for my family, thankful for a new home, thankful for 2 hour naps, and thankful for fresh fruits & vegetables, just to name a few. Thank you Lord for the bountiful blessings!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I am thrilled for you guys. An offer that quickly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete