Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Milestones

Georgia is having a BLAST walking all over the place. She still falls down a lot...it's like her ankles buckle and she goes down, but she gets back up and tries again and again! She still crawls and knee walks, but I think it's more out of habit than anything else. My brother-in-law Andy (the Principal) tells me that Georgia Claire is going to be a good reader. Studies have shown the longer children crawl the better readers, etc. they are...has to do with left-brain right-brain development and how the body uses both sides of the brain to work together. Crawling is really all about coordinating the two sides of the brain with every forward movement-right arm to left leg etc. This apparent whole brain physical activity teaches the 2 sides of the brain to work together which is important when it comes to reading ability, speed, and comprehension. After all we have 2 eyes that are each governed by a different side. Interesting, huh? She LOVES to "read" already...I find her in her room many times sitting with a pile of books around her. As a former school teacher, that makes me SO HAPPY!

She's wearing her braces A LOT and I know it's helping. I'm SO glad that my sister Angie (the Occupational Therapist) suggested I look into physical therapy for her. Those braces have been the best thing for her! AND, she's SO good about wearing them! I didn't know how that would go over but she sits patiently and lets me put them on...not an easy task!

This first picture is blurry because she was coming so fast that I had to back up quickly! I love the expression on her face...
Ready or not...here she comes!
This is HUGE...her hips and knees and ankles are all weak. In the past when she wanted to get up she would knee walk over to a piece of furniture and pull herself up. Now, all I have to say is, "Stand up and walk!" and she pushes herself up from the floor! That tells me that she's getting stronger! (notice Baby Jesus on the floor...we got out the nativity from Shelby's childhood and she LOVES IT! I found Mary in her dirty clothes basket tonight!)

Ivy Jane is also doing lots of tricks! She is on her tummy a lot and is holding her head up SO WELL! She's VERY close to rolling over. Does she look like Shelby or what?!
Happy Baby...Momma can get the best smiles out of her...


No comments:

Post a Comment