Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Morning at Our House

We came home on Thursday and the first thing on the agenda: cleaning out and organizing toys. We brought back so many new things that we had to find a place for them! We threw out some old things and are donating some of the gently used toys that we no longer need. Christmas Eve we attended our church's annual "Candlelight & Carols" service where Ivy Jane once again played the part of Baby Jesus. She stole the show...a little angel sitting in the hay looking around wondering why people were singing to her and looking at her, I'm sure!

Christmas morning Georgia Claire slept until 8:30 (I realize our time is VERY limited on this one, folks)! I think my nephew Luke was waking Kathy & Andy up at 5:30 Christmas morning. Here is Georgia coming into the living room seeing what Santa had brought for the first time.
She went straight to the musical instruments...
And then to her table with play dishes, pots & pans & food...

She wanted to kiss every puppet, but wasn't too sure about them being able to "talk" to her...
Ivy Jane got a new exersaucer and she LOVES it! She lasts about 20-30 minutes in it now and I am THRILLED! They are big and take up a lot of space, but SO worth it in my book! Georgia likes to bring her toys to play with while she is in it. Yesterday she took her a book, some play food, and a toy car...LOVE the randomness!
I told Shelby yesterday that my life was about to get a whole lot easier...now that Georgia Claire is walking so well and Ivy Jane can sit up in her exersaucer and bumbo! What am I going to do with myself?! I have a feeling my time will be filled with...changing diapers, rocking, reading books, playing, fixing meals, swinging, etc. I am SO blessed to get to spend each and every day with our girls...THAT, in itself, is the BEST Christmas gift I could ever receive! Georgia Claire & Ivy Jane truly are our Christmas blessings. It's hard to believe that Christmas 2008 was when our adoption journey began and now we have TWO baby girls in 2010! I tear up every time I think about how GOOD God has been to us! Looking forward to lots of fun Christmas mornings at our house with many memories to be made, no matter how early they wake us!

No comments:

Post a Comment