Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas with Grandma & Paw Paw (and all of the cousins!)

It's a tradition that as soon as we get into Grandma & Paw Paw's neighborhood, Georgia gets to get in the front seat with us. We started that with my nieces & nephews and the tradition continues. I LOVE THIS PICTURE of GC & Shelby...
As soon as I took it she wanted to see the picture and then said, "Momma"...she wanted to take a picture with me, too. So, here ya go...
Ivy Jane got a glo-worm and LOVES it! Georgia loves it, too! We went right home and found the one Stacy had given her last Christmas...I think she had forgotten about it! Now it's one of her babies in her bed with her each night.
Caroline decided that she could be in a "TV" in this box. This kid is HILARIOUS! She's the one when I asked her if she had eaten lunch she said, "No-just a fousand fousand cookies!" When Andy (her daddy) asked her what she ate for lunch she said, "Carrots, candy & cookies!"
Sweet William Robert & Mary Katherine making cookies together.
We celebrated with everyone on Sunday, the day after Christmas because Will had to go back to the hospital last week. Early Sunday morning his fever spiked so they went back to Houston to stay for a couple nights. The IV antibiotics will hopefully clear up any infection he has in his lung. He got to spend the night with Mary Katherine and Caroline...first time ever and he is FIVE. He was beside himself...couldn't wait to go! He's only spent the night away from his mom with his nurse Kathy. SO, spending the night with his cousins was a HUGE deal!

That night Georgia slept from 9:30 until 10:30 the next morning and still took a 3 hour nap! Christmas WORE HER OUT! I think it was a combination of things, really. She's cutting all four of her eye teeth, for one! One toy she couldn't wait to play with was her stroller & baby bottles. She loves being Momma to her babies...
Her new favorite thing to do is get in Ivy's bed with her. She walks over to Ivy's bed, hikes up her leg, looks at me and says, "Pwee?!" meaning "please?!" How can I possibly say no to that?! I can remember being a little girl and always wanting to sleep with my sisters. One of my fondest memories is every Christmas Eve sleeping together in Angie's "big" bed...a full size, and listening for Santa's reindeer! Angie & Kathy used to always make me go and ask..."Mom, Dad, can we sleep together tonight?!" It was always such a HUGE DEAL! I hope our girls are as close as Angie, Kathy & I were and still are. I can't wait to see these two asleep together! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment