Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, November 25, 2010

So Much To Be Thankful For!

Thanksgiving has almost come to a close for 2010 and again I reflect on the "things" I am most grateful for. To say that God has blessed me with a great family would be an understatement. This time last year we were so thankful for sweet Georgia Claire and now we have precious Ivy Jane to add to the list. I am thankful for my loving Lord knowing exactly what we needed, even when it looked somewhat hopeless to us. I am thankful that He blessed us with the miracle of adoption and then just 6 months later He blessed us with another miracle-pregnancy. Other things I am thankful for...a 17 month old FINALLY learning the art of drinking from a sippy cup, Ivy's belly laugh, a great sleeping routine for BOTH girls, the way Georgia not only says "Hi-dee" but "By-dee" too, the way Georgia says "Yeah yeah yeah yeah" when you ask her if she wants to do something, braces to help Georgia walk, Ivy's cuddling, teaching Georgia manners and hearing her say, "be" for "please" after we redirect her whines, watching Georgia play with the nativity and saying "Jees" for "Jesus", the way Georgia stops what she's doing and goes to Ivy when she's crying, and the list goes on and on and on.

I am also so incredibly thankful for Shelby and the provider that he has become at the young age of 33. I am thankful for his work ethic. He wants nothing more than to make his girls happy. He sees the importance of me being able to stay home to raise our girls-he knows that makes me happy and also makes our babies happy. He loves his job and does it so well that he has been rewarded for his efforts. I'm so proud of him. I'm thankful for the 11 years of marriage and each mountain we've had to climb and each valley we've had to walk through. He is my best friend and I love him so!
We made our yearly trek to Granbarry & Mimi's house Tuesday night after Shelby got off work. I got the girls bathed and in the pj's before we left thinking they would sleep the whole way (or most of it). Ivy Jane did but Georgia Claire played, sang songs, read books, etc. Shelby and I joked about our choice of cd's lately...it used to be things like Coldplay, John Mayer, and David Crowder, and now we listen to songs like, "The Wheels on the Bus", "Little Red Caboose", and "Old McDonald"...I will say it once again, "TIMES HAVE CHANGED!"

We always take pictures for the Braman family Christmas card during our Thanksgiving visit. We took advantage of our color coordination and took some extra pictures! (Ivy Jane was laughing and Georgia was looking at us like we were crazy as we were singing, and dancing around behind the camera trying to get her to smile.)
Heather (Shelby's sister) and her sweet boyfriend Julian. Georgia loves both of them...Ivy will too, I'm sure!
We have all kinds of things in the car to try to keep Georgia entertained. Here she is talking away on her cell phone (my old BlackBerry)...
And here she is in some sunglasses from Sonic & her cat...
And here she is drinking juice telling us "Shhhh" with her finger beside her nose instead of on her lips because Ivy was sleeping...
Heather baked her first loaf of bread for our Thanksgiving appetizer...OH SO YUMMY!
Ivy Jane (or should I say little Shelby?!) and her great-grandma...
Grandma brought Georgia some beads...
After our Christmas pictures, I gave Georgia my scarf...she thought it was great!
When we got home tonight Georgia immediately started playing with the Fisher Price nativity that some friends sent us on Thursday. I had to take pictures of her version of the manger...I got a close up...she was pointing and laughing...notice the angel is not on top of the manger, the shepherd is! She also added another Fisher Price little person and the merry-go-round for close-up seats to the Baby Jesus! =) This makes my heart happy!
After baths, Ivy Jane fell asleep on a blanket sucking her thumb...
And Georgia Claire disappeared to her room only to come back (knee-walking) with Scout and three books to read...
Thank you Lord for the BOUNTIFUL BLESSINGS you have bestowed upon us. This life you have given me is what I prayed for..help me to soak it all in and count my blessings each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. wow! so many sweet pictures- GC with her finger on her nose and Ivy sucking that little baby thumb- love it!

    you know...you may want to put Coldplay back on. They always lulled my kids to sleep!

    ReplyDelete