Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Change of Status

Yesterday I had my 6 month postpartum check-up with my doctor. Because it was so cold here yesterday (and today and tomorrow and Friday!) she had a lot of patients cancel their appointments. SO, because she didn't have another patient waiting and she needed to update my info in her new computer system, my appointment lasted a little bit longer than usual. How often do you get to sit and chit chat with your doctor about all of the incredible ways that God has blessed your life in the last 2 years?! The best update of the appointment...she changed my status to "unexplained infertility" to "one successful adoption" and "one successful pregnancy"!

While I ran to the bathroom after we got home yesterday, Ivy started crying and Georgia got in her bag, found her bottle, and was trying to give it to her when I returned! I have to admit it brought tears to my eyes to see my 19 month old trying to comfort her not-quite 6 month old sister! I'm going to have quite the little helper on my hands! =)
On February 19th we've been asked by our adoption agency to talk to the prospective adoptive couples who will be in a training session on that day. Although I do not like to talk in front of people I remember being in that same training session just two years ago and what an encouragement it was to hear the stories of the families (adoptive parents & birthmoms) about their own adoption journeys. I'm excited to share how God has worked in our lives! I'm happier now than I ever thought I'd be. The last few days I've been in a very thankful and reflective mode...all because of my sweet Georgia Claire, Ivy Jane & (Shelby Christopher, too!) =) I have such an awesome responsibility to grow and nurture and love and care for these two precious gifts that God has given me each and every day. I know that it's all by the grace of God that I can happily and proudly say I am a mother of two awesome baby girls! Right now I know of three couples who are in the waiting stages with an adoption agency, two friends who are struggling with infertility, and one who has just lost her baby (after 6.5 months of being pregnant). All of these women would be and will be INCREDIBLE mothers. I stole this from a friend's blog and I think it's the perfect verse for the mommas-to-be...
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You. Isaiah 26:3
Always in prayer for those on their own journeys to growing their family...

Speaking of growing, Ivy Jane is almost 6 months old and she is eating anything and everything I put in front of her! Yesterday she started sitting up on her own. It doesn't last long and she usually falls over after a minute or two, but she is CLOSE! She loves for me to prop pillows around her so that she can sit up.
While Ivy Jane was napping the other day I was putting up laundry...it was piled high on our bed. I went to the bathroom to put away some towels and when I came back Georgia Claire had found a comfy spot to watch!
She is hilarious right now with my bracelets and her baby and her phone and her baby stroller. She stopped for a minute while she was playing last Saturday...notice instead of a baby she has a phone in the stroller...Shelby has been in Kansas the last two weeks (week before last it was Sunday-Wednesday and last week it was Monday-Friday). By Thursday of last week Georgia Claire was walking around saying "Dada?" and putting her hands up like where is he?! She missed him tremendously! We enjoyed a home-cooked meal and family time together on Friday & Saturday we decided we would get out and enjoy the day together since the weather was BEAUTIFUL! Our plan was to run errands & play Saturday morning, eat lunch, and come home for nap time, but GC had other plans! She did NOT want to nap. Although she was extremely tired, she stood up in her bed (on the bumper pad) and yelled,"Dada!" for about 20 minutes...SOMEONE missed her daddy! I told Shelby she was probably afraid she was going to miss something! SO, since it was a beautiful day we decided a nap was not going to happen and we loaded up the wagon and headed to the park. She was excited when we got there but all she wanted to do was this...
She cried when Shelby tried to swing with her, when I tried to swing with her, when we sat her down, when we tried to get her to run & play...even when we put her back in the wagon! Can you say tired 19 month old?! Ivy Jane just sat and enjoyed the scenery and the crying...
About 2 minutes after we got in the car, this is what happened...
After going to bed early on Saturday and having a good morning at church on Sunday, she was in rare form! Here she is with her skirt on her head being silly!


No comments:

Post a Comment