Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Busy 19 Month Old...

I've learned there's only so many puzzles you can work, so many books you can read, so many toys you can play with before a 19 month old gets B-O-R-E-D! The last few days have been EXTREMELY cold here, so we've been inside ALL DAY LONG. Oh, how I long for the spring days that are right around the corner! I cannot wait to get outside with the girls! But for now, I have to get creative. Especially when Georgia's nap & Ivy's nap don't coincide. Georgia is such a great sleeper that Ivy can holler all she wants and Georgia won't budge but Ivy is a different story. She's a pretty light sleeper, so Georgia & I try to find quiet things to do while she is napping! On Wednesday we made a tent from a blanket, chair, and Georgia's crib. I piled some pillows, got a basket of books, and found a flashlight for Georgia! She LOVED it! It lasted a good 30-45 minutes...impressive, if I do say so myself!

She loved getting to hold the flashlight and shine it on things...
Waiting patiently for Momma to join...
Giving up on Momma and reading a book herself...
The day before I wasn't so smart...Ivy woke up and was hungry so while I was feeding her Georgia busied herself. I realized I forgot to shut the bathroom door and she became really quiet. Here is what I found...
She did that in a matter of a couple of minutes! Can you tell that she is almost 2?! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment