Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, January 31, 2010

First of all I want to apologize to all of our out-of-town family and friends who check the blog regularly...as you can see it's been 10 days since I've blogged...SO SORRY! I've been having morning sickness, or "all-day sickness" as I like to call it. Just trying to stay caught up on housework and laundry and my tutoring after school is about all I can handle these days. I'm beginning my 11th week so I hope and pray it will be over soon and I will get my energy back. Today has been a good day. I've learned that I just can't let my stomach get empty...must eat a handful of pretzels or something every 30 minutes to an hour during the day and eat a few saltine crackers and flat Sprite before I get out of bed in the morning! Sounds yummy, huh?! I have to give a "shout out" to my wonderful hubby. Shelby has been my rock...taking care of Georgia and me. I am so blessed to have such a caring and compassionate husband. We are both ready to get past this part so we can really start enjoying this pregnancy! We have a to-do list of things that we want to do to our home before Baby #2 arrives. I can't wait to get started, yet I have no desire to right now! Georgia continues to be the best baby on the planet! She is so much fun these days...babbling, learning to eat finger foods, laughing, playing. She has become "grabby" as Shelby & I call it...reaching for anything and everything she can put in her mouth! She loves to read books and to be "scared" by her puppy toy. We hide him and then pop him out from behind a pillow or chair or box and she just cackles...it's SO FUNNY!

Here she is this morning waiting on Momma and Daddy to finish packing her bag so that we could go to church. And oh is she a hit at church--everyone loves our little Georgia Claire! She has an extended family that loves her so much!
Happy Daddy and Georgia before we head out the door for church. Shelby loves his little girl more than words can say. His boss's wife gave us the book, Just In Case You Ever Wonder, by Max Lucado and it is just the sweetest book and there ever was. We were all hanging out in the living room yesterday when Shelby decided to read it to Georgia. I think he made it to about page 3 or 4, closed it suddenly, and in a weepy voice said "I can't read this book!" We both started crying and talking about how precious Georgia is and how grateful we are to have her in our lives! Julia, and her courageous decision, was such an incredible answer to prayer.
Momma & Georgia heading out to church...I look a bit pale in this picture! I think I've lost about 8 lbs now...ready to gain it back...I know it won't be long!
One of Georgia's favorite past times...hanging out with her Daddy playing with toys. Is this child laid back or what?! And another favorite...her crib aquarium that plays classical music and moves with fish and turtles. We received this as a gift and it has been on her crib since she was born, but it's like she has just really started paying attention to it. She just smiles and talks to it...such a sweetie!

1 comment:

  1. oh! it's so good to 'hear' you again! i figured you weren't feeling too well. i lost weight in both of my first trimesters too. just felt so yucky! tell shelby not to feel bad- i cried through that book too!
    and that baby! in tights! oh, she is precious!

    ReplyDelete