Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, January 21, 2010

And Baby Makes FOUR!

Yes, that's right folks, Georgia's going to be a BIG SIS! Are we adopting another baby? Nope, not this one anyway. As of now I am officially 9 weeks PREGNANT! After 3 rounds of IUI and two rounds of InVitro Fertilization with no success, Shelby and I thought my chances of getting pregnant were slim to none. I was really OK with it, thinking that God had plans for us to grow our family through adoption only. In fact, Shelby and I were already talking about our next adoption. BUT, now we know that God had other plans in mind for our little family! "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." -Isaiah 55:8-9 I love those verses because it just reminds me that God is SO BIG and He always has something better planned...better than we could have ever imagined!

So, we've done the math, and Georgia and her little brother or sister will be 14 1/2 months apart! Two baby beds, two car seats, etc. etc. It really just makes us laugh. I told Shelby when I was ironing the letters on Georgia's onesie that there was something wrong with putting "BIG SIS" on a 6-12 month onesie! Ha! The picture above was taken the night we told our parents. It took everyone a while to figure out what it meant and then the crying and laughing and cheering began! My sweet dad couldn't even talk about it without getting choked up. How awesome that we will get the chance to experience both...adoption AND pregnancy! God is AWESOME and we are in AWE of His timing.


2 comments:

  1. LITERALLY HAVE CHILLS!! God is so amazing! I seriously cannot recall ever being *this* happy for anyone before!!!
    C
    O
    N
    G
    R
    A
    T
    U
    L
    A
    T
    I
    O
    N
    S
    !
    !
    !~~~KAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. BECKY!!! GET OUT OF TOWN!!!

    thank you Lord for this gift!

    man, i can't even get over this!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete