Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, January 1, 2010

Crazy New Year's Eve

This past Tuesday I woke up as I usually do, got Georgia and played a little bit and then went to make some coffee. When I was pouring a cup, however, I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. To make a long story short, Shelby had to come home at lunch to take care of Georgia, my parents had to take her to their house the next day, and I am just now starting to feel better. I had a nasty stomach bug and I am so glad that it is GONE! I don't think I have been that sick since college, or maybe even high school! YUCK! All that to say, I was still feeling weak last night so we had a very low key New Year's Eve at home, just us three. Honestly though, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Shelby and I were talking about New Year's Eve 1999. We had only been married about 7 months and were so excited about our future. Wow! What a difference 10 years makes!

Georgia has now cut her two bottom teeth and is feeling MUCH better. She was SO happy at our "party"!
She has this Baby Einstein play station thing that Shelby and I have nicknamed the "Cirque de Soleil" because it is huge and crazy, but she loves it! These three wheels in front of her in the picture below spin and she has become quite aggressive with it! She will lean forward and with her left hand spin the green one as fast as she can...she always falls back and laughs at herself! It is HILARIOUS! This picture was taken right after her funny move...
As you can tell by my picture, the "bug" I had took a LOT out of me. I always tell Shelby it's times like these that I know he truly loves me! =)
Playing with Daddy...
Cozy 3 by the fire...
"He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:3

"Sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things." Psalm 98:1

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Thank you, Lord for your faithfulness and the marvelous thing you have done by placing Georgia Claire in our life! You have truly put a new song in our mouths and in our hearts. 2009 was a GREAT year, after many years of heartache. We look forward to the new things in store for us in 2010!

1 comment:

  1. oh, you poor thing! there is nothing worse than being a sick mommy. so glad you are feeling better : )

    ReplyDelete