Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Parade

Our family was part of the annual Christmas parade again this year with a float from the farm. The theme was "Cowboy Christmas" and we had a lot of fun. Georgia was bundled up and did great...she never made a peep! She just sat in my lap and enjoyed the lights and the crowd! Shelby is in the panhandle this week, so he missed out on her first parade, but we hope he can be a part of it next year!

My dad always has a great time driving the tractor and pulling the float. I told him I had never seen so many men checking him out! Ha! I guess it was his shiny green vintage John Deere. We got through the parade and Dad said, "I want to go through it again!" A side note...Dad got great news today at the cardiologist. He released him for a year and said his heart looks and sounds great! Mom called me and told me that they were going to celebrate...they bought two Snickers and they were each going to eat the whole thing! =) Some people will go out and drink to celebrate, others might go to a nice dinner to celebrate, my parents get TWO SNICKERS! Lol! I love you, Mom & Dad! Y'all are so crazy!

The shiny green "Poppin' Johnny"...

The float...fresh wreaths hanging on fence posts, a tree, and garland draped over the sign...all tied with red bandanas.

We also "roasted" marshmallows on a "fire"...added to the ambiance! Luke enjoyed that part and was so cute yelling "Merry Christmas" to everyone...he's growing up!
Sweet Caroline...
Mary Katherine and that sweet smile...
Georgia Claire all bundled up with Grandma...
Andy and Luke...or Andy and his "mini me"...

Kathy and Mary Katherine...she got really cold!

This picture really doesn't do downtown justice but it looked BEAUTIFUL!
Making more memories with Georgia Claire...I love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. becky, i just love reading your blog. whenever i'm having a rough day, i look to you for joy and i know i can always find it here.

    ReplyDelete