Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sweet Family Time in the City!

We have enjoyed a great weekend with Shelby's family in the city! Georgia Claire has been a doll, although she has gotten somewhat off her napping schedule...I'm not complaining, though! She still sleeps all night...what a blessing! We are one happy family, and I am reminded tonight, that it is by the grace of God and the selfless decision of her birth mom. I heard about a family today--friends of a friend--who went for the birth of their child on Friday and the birth parents decided today that instead of signing the relinquishment papers they would try to parent the child instead. SO, this couple came home with an empty carseat. Although I do not know any of them, I feel connected and my heart is heavy...praying for them that God would bless them with their baby SOON!
I sat in the back seat on the way, just to give Georgia Claire some company, and to play. She loves her doll and other toys right now. Here she is talking to her...
And here she is putting her in her mouth! EVERYTHING goes straight to the mouth!
Sitting in Mimi's lap and blowing bubbles...tired baby girl but still SO SWEET! Look at that face! I could just squeeze her I love her so much!
I thought this face was hilarious...she had just burped when I caught it...
We had some girl time with Great Grandma and Aunt Heather...sitting in her Bumbo and filling out every inch of it!
Great photo with Mimi and Gran Barry before a day of shopping. They love her so much! We were at JC Penney earlier looking for a dress for Georgia and their conversation went something like this...Barry-"I'll hold her so you can look at the dresses." Paula-"I'm OK. I can look and hold her at the same time." Barry-"No, let me hold her!" Paula-"Are we actually arguing about who is going to hold Georgia?!" Hahahaha...gotta love it!
Great Grandma loves Georgia so much. She only lives a few miles from Barry and Paula and stopped by this afternoon to bring Georgia some Christmas pj's! We went by to see her after supper last night and Georgia just smiled and smiled at Grandma! Grandma said she didn't know if she thought she was funny or funny looking...whatever it was it sure was SWEET! Georgia loved being in her lap. I like to call those times "Georgia Therapy Sessions"!
Aunt Heather has been sick and didn't get to hold Georgia very much, but she was better today. So, here they are together...both very content! The cute little horse is a gift from Aunt Heather from her vacation to Colorado with Barry and Paula this past summer.
And here we are at Pei Wei (one of my faves) with my long lost friend KYM!!! I love Kym so much and I have missed her greatly! We all went to HPU together...she is a precious friend with a killer voice that loves the Lord. She will graduate in May from seminary--I can't wait to see where God uses her! I KNOW it will be in a great and mighty way! We think it has been EIGHT years since we last saw each other, but it feels like yesterday. Don't ya just love friends like that? I call them my "low maintenance" friends...the type that you can pick up right where you left off...even EIGHT years later! We are facebook buddies but WILL see each other more often face-to-face! LOVE YOU, KYM!
It was a great weekend in the city...full of good friends, good food, good shopping, and LOTS of sweet family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment