Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Four Month Check-Up

Four Month Stats:
Length: 25.25 inches (82.11 %)
Weight: 17.8 lbs (98.95%)

SO what does that all mean?! We have a big baby! =) She was almost off the charts in her weight...we knew it would probably be that way! We tell Georgia Claire all the time that this is the only time those rolls are going to be cute! Ha! She did very well, even though she got 3 shots today. Of course she cried, but recovered quickly. She is such a great baby! This first picture was taken before the dreaded shots, sitting in Mama's lap...she looks a bit worried to me!
She enjoyed watching the rain outside while we waited on the doctor.
The doctor said she looks great. Thank you Lord for a healthy and happy baby! The only thing we have to work on is her lifting her head while she's lying on her tummy. She said that Georgia's so laid back we're going to have to push her a little bit! She put her on her tummy on the examination table and she just laid there, turned her head, and smiled at us! SO, "Baby Boot Camp" starts tomorrow...she's got to strengthen her shoulder muscles! We're also starting on rice cereal and introducing fruits and vegetables...a stage that we think will be very messy but lots of fun! I can't wait to sit her in her Bumbo in the morning and watch her try to eat! I see some pictures of all of that in our near future!

As soon as we got home, she had a big bottle and went to sleep. She slept for FOUR hours! Wow! I kept going in her room to check on her and every time she was snoozing...and, as you can see from the picture below, she has found her thumb! I'm working on removing it and giving her the pacifier, but I couldn't be that mean to her today...not after all those shots! So, I let her soothe herself! I was a thumb sucker and I know how hard it was for me to give it up! I think it will be a lot easier to give up a pacifier! I hope so anyway!
Georgia Claire, your daddy and I are so very thankful for these last 4 months with you and we love you so much! Your sweet smiles and coos bring tears to my eyes at least once a day!

Psalm 9:1 says
"I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart:
I will tell of the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with JOY because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High."

Thank you Lord, with all my heart, for sending us our beautiful baby girl by way of a wonderful, mature, loving, courageous, selfless, beautiful young woman. We are in awe of your love for us and the plan that you have for our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment