Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Move

I CANNOT believe it was February when I last posted---A LOT has happened! The first week of January Shelby started his new position in San Antonio & lived in a hotel for 3 months while I kept the house clean & ready to show for an realtor at any given moment....with TWO girls, I might add! Our relocation advisor said that it was like eating Oreo cookies while brushing your teeth...YES! EXACTLY! That was a stressful three months & I was never more excited to see this truck pull up...
Thank goodness for movers and a company that pays for us to be moved...WEIGHT LIFTED off my shoulders!
AND, thank goodness my parents only lived an hour away from us & were able to come pick up the girls the day of the packing. After all of the toys are packed up there's only so much a three year old & a four year old can do! 
 
That was THE QUIETEST night EVER in that house. Shelby was in San Antonio working, the girls were with Mom & Dad, and I was home alone with no internet and no tv...so, I went to bed! 
 I really did love our house in Louisiana. I just wish it wasn't IN LOUISIANA!
 The very next day we were in San Antonio...in our new home that was built in 1947!
I love that the developer restored the old hardwood floors in the original part of the home. These bookcases in the front room are probably my favorite thing in the house.
 One last night in the hotel before the movers came & Ivy Jane had some business to take care of!
 Georgia missed her daddy terribly...
 And this is how GC fell asleep...at least one of us was comfortable! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment